Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 02:41:31 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  ARTCC/FIR/TRACON Maps (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  MIAMI ZMA SECTORS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIAMI ZMA SECTORS  (Read 32019 times)
captkel

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »

THE RCAG FOR 135.600 IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO TRACK DOWN. I KNOW IT'S SOUTH OF FT.LAUDERDALE. WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT I CAN PICK IT UP. MY ANTENNA IS MOSTLY DIRECTIONAL.
cipher66

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »

135.6 is transmitted from Bimini, BAH, with a backup in Miami.
captkel

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »

that's what I heard. When I visited the Miami RCAG site I could barley hear it. When the conditions are right I can hear it and again when I would aim my antenna at Bimini I would lose the signal. Bimini is about 50 miles from my location, the Miami RCAG is about 35 miles. Current conclusion: Great conditions-pickup signal from Miami location.
This brings up another question; how can they transmit from two locations and not interfere with each other. huh
cipher66

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »

The short answer is "they can't".   The controllers can receive aircraft from multiple receive sites, but have to select the site they wish to key up for transmitt.   In controller speak, when you have more than 1 transmit primary RCAG site, they are considered SELKEY'd...  In other words, the controller can select the transmitter to key up.   Normally, controllers will keep one site "Bimini" as the main transmitter, and only use Miami when aircraft are closer to MIA and having difficulty hearing them.

Interestingly, the UK I believe uses multiple transmitters on the same freqs but slightly offsets the actual transmit frequency so that all sites can transmit at the same time without harmful interference or multipath signal images... 
captkel

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »

makes sense...i pretty much assumed that. THANKS grin

KEL
captkel

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 10:47:31 AM »

As of Saturday Dec. 18, 2010 the transmitter for 135.600 located on Bimini is out of service...HURRAH!! grin grin Good for us but the pilots flying low out in the Atlantic are having trouble hearing the controller... just increase the transmitter power...that too works for me.
They are currently using the backup transmitter at the Miami RCAG.
I can receive it, so as of Saturday, I put that frequency on the 126.325 Bimini ZMA feed too. I may add 133.850 since they seem to be using it during the day when they get busy. It is also transmitted from the Miami RCAG.

Enjoy

KEL

captkel

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 08:09:37 AM »

133.850 has been added grin

KEL
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length