Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 06:03:46 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  "Hey don't bother me no more..."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Hey don't bother me no more..."  (Read 19795 times)
englishpilot

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »

I finally got a chance to go through the archives and pull out all the calls between N1956S and ATC for this flight. Sounds like things began to fall apart before he even begins to taxi...

You really have to give that ground controller a compliment for being so patient. 

I was rather surprised that he wasn't asked to fly the plane too!  He did everything else!!

I don't proclaim to be the best pilot in the world but I'm safe.
flyindart

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »

This is a pretty unique guy.. Many Kudos to the controller for keeping the interaction professionally "viable".

One of those gems, this one is.
mlevinedc3

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 11:47:35 AM »

As a physician and someone that has to live in this airspace, I have to ask how any responsible person listening to Pilot /Owner Gerald Field could sit by and not send this to the authorities.  I would not want him flying a kite. shocked shocked
BradleyP

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 10:18:33 AM »

I'm facepalm'd just listening to this audio.

I honestly don't know how this guy maintain directional control of his aircraft, let alone fly on instruements.  The departure audio is disturbing.
gboro flyer

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:10 AM »

Yes this is a mess, however I can kind of understand his initial confusion with being given Calverton, which is not on the SID. That being said he should have corrected this problem on the ground, and every other vor/waypoint seems to give him a problem as well.
coldair22

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »

Hypoxia or dementia ?

I suggest the latter !!

edit...

However, there is one other possible explination but I don't want to be sued  Wink
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:36:21 PM by coldair22 » Logged
cptkirk

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »

OK, i know lots of comments already made but I just listened to this again from the call to clearance delivery all the way through via the post from Rick108.  This is a mess from the first call.  
Seems he doesn't know how to file a flight plan as both (the flight there and this one) both dropped out of the system.  Then when the controller explains why they dropped he says "They disappeared in the government"  WTH?

His understanding of his departure procedure and routing is a mess and I don't think he ever fully reads it back correctly nor understands the routing.  In flight they just reroute him direct to VORs because he can't stay on an airway.

He calls approach about a regional jet 6 miles away that he reports a mile and half.  

Truly a scary incident.  So many things went wrong during this flight.  AOPA needs to pick this up for a never again.  I want to record every flight I take and review them post flight to ensure I do not get this lost.

Could you imagine if he went Nordo?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:48:28 PM by cptkirk » Logged

Kirk
ASEL Commercial & Instrument
Biff

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »

He would insist his radio was working perfectly and everyone else's receivers were broken.

denverpilot

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 01:51:33 AM »

He would insist his radio was working perfectly and everyone else's receivers were broken.

ROFL!

There are pilots on other forums willing to say he's based where they are based, and they're not surprised in the slightest at his behavior.

That's all I'm going to say about it.
notaperfectpilot

Student pilot

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 06:53:37 AM »

got to love the controllers reply..."I am providing ATC services for you so now I don't care if your instruments are supposedly working fine, I WANT YOU TO PROCEED DIRECT TO CYN!" LOL what a moron....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:55:23 AM by notaperfectpilot » Logged
cptkirk

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »

LOL!  now that I think about it, if he went nordo it was because he turned his radios off so that controller wouldn't "bother" him anymore.

Kirk
ASEL Commercial & Instrument
squak niner

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »

I know it has been several months, but does anyone have a digital copy of the audio? It seems all traces of this have been removed from YouTube and the LiveATC archive...
InterpreDemon

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »

The posted clips are still available on the first page of this thread.

Feed Purveyor:
KJFK ARINC
KHPN ATIS
(KJFK) NY DEP Liberty East
HF CAR-A  3455/5550/6577/8846/11396
HF ARINC LDOC  6640/8933
HF NY VOLMET  6604

Complaints should be addressed to: City Hall
acronium

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »

It looks like the video on the first page of the thread was marked private on YouTube.  Would anyone know where else I could get it now?  I was telling a fellow pilot about the video last night and promised to send him a link.  It is priceless!
coldair22

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »

Is there any further info svailable about this flight ?

Has the pilot stil got his license,  is there any formal report on line ?

Have a good day guys   smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length