Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 10:45:00 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  "Near Miss" (JFK Tower / NY TRACON documentary)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Near Miss" (JFK Tower / NY TRACON documentary)  (Read 48245 times)
hapysed

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »

About 2 minutes into the "Inside Air Traffic Control" video they feature a clip of a man with a moustache talking about the complexities of ATC.  That's Paul Renaldi the Vice President of NATCA. 
goowe

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »

I didn't get to see that doc but I know the one guy in it used to go home & stare at his fish tank, right? He's still a bit of a dullard.

I think this is the news article he's talking about... nonetheless, a neat article!

http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~jeffj/ny_tracon.html

Alton (Joe) Anderson - AltonAnderson.com
Facebook me!
cessna157

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 11:19:40 PM »

I didn't get to see that doc but I know the one guy in it used to go home & stare at his fish tank, right? He's still a bit of a dullard.

You mean to tell me that you, an air traffic controller, has never seen Pushing Tin?  Wow, that surprises me.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that found the guy who goes home and stares at his fish tank was a bit odd.

After a rough day of flying, I like to come home and sit in front of the TV and stare and gaze into the TV for hours.......and then I'll turn it on.

CRJ7/CRJ9 F/O, Travel Agent
nar1224
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 04:52:11 PM »

Thanks for finding that full version, it was real interesting.  Not sure how you managed to find it though, but thanks!
glencar

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »

You mean to tell me that you, an air traffic controller, has never seen Pushing Tin?  Wow, that surprises me.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that found the guy who goes home and stares at his fish tank was a bit odd.

After a rough day of flying, I like to come home and sit in front of the TV and stare and gaze into the TV for hours.......and then I'll turn it on.
I probably didn't have the channel at the time. I've seen snippets of it. And yes, that guy's a bit of an odd duck.
cessna157

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 07:56:58 AM »

Thanks for finding that full version, it was real interesting.  Not sure how you managed to find it though, but thanks!

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you"

That's from another documentary. This a Navy documentary called "Top Gun"

CRJ7/CRJ9 F/O, Travel Agent
N90-EWR-TX

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »

I probably didn't have the channel at the time. I've seen snippets of it. And yes, that guy's a bit of an odd duck.

Thats pretty funny considering I also thought of you as one hell of an odd duck since the first day you arrived from Cleveland center.
InterpreDemon

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »

It might be a bit off topic, but is a "near miss" a glancing impact, or a full blown collision?

Feed Purveyor:
KJFK ARINC
KHPN ATIS
(KJFK) NY DEP Liberty East
HF CAR-A  3455/5550/6577/8846/11396
HF ARINC LDOC  6640/8933
HF NY VOLMET  6604

Complaints should be addressed to: City Hall
Jetblast1

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 05:10:01 AM »

It might be a bit off topic, but is a "near miss" a glancing impact, or a full blown collision?

cool Yep, that is off topic  cheesy
chtechinc
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 01:35:33 AM »

In the doc Near Miss, the controller working in the KEWR tower is Glenn Doffy who bought his kid to work a few years ago at KJFK
nickn

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 04:16:39 AM »

denverpilot

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »

I always think of George Carlin any time I hear the term, "near miss"...

Wasn't it a "near hit"?! Wink
flyby88

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 05:55:49 PM »

i know this is an old thread but Near miss is currently available on 4od in the UK, its free might just need to use a uk proxy
joeyb747

Nothing Like A 747!

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54:00 AM »

I always think of George Carlin any time I hear the term, "near miss"...

Wasn't it a "near hit"?! Wink

"...look, they nearly missed..."
"YUP, but not quite!!"

RIP George Carlin...

Aircraft Mechanic
UnitedFlyer737

United Boeing 737-700 in the picture. (Old Livery)

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 11:46:19 PM »

Thanks for the documentary.

United for the win!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length