Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 10:04:59 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  A question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question  (Read 12168 times)
Mazrim Taim

« on: October 20, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »

Does anyone have any idea of when would be the best time to hear Boston John?  I am in the central time zone so there would be a hour diffrence between me and Boston. If no one knows then does anyone have any new stuff from him?
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:00:35 PM »

Like most air traffic controllers, I would guess that John works different shifts, depending on a number of factors.  Just keep trying!  (Sometimes people post on the forums when he's on).

-dave
Mazrim Taim

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »

How do we know his name is John? Or is that a name that someone came up with?
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 09:14:57 AM »

How do we know his name is John? Or is that a name that someone came up with?

Because we just do.  smiley  A friend of mine knows him.

Dave
Lincolnshireblue

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »

If you listen regularly you'll hear several of the pilots calling him John (especially Cape Air)

Jackie
RayZor

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

There was also an article about him posted somewhere on these forums, but can't remember where.  There was even a picture, as well as his name. 
twinker

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »

I've only been listening for a week, but I always seem to hear him in the late afternoons, starting maybe 2-3 PM Pacific time and well into my early evening.
Himerzi

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 02:50:58 PM »

There was also an article about him posted somewhere on these forums, but can't remember where.  There was even a picture, as well as his name. 
Hi, ive also been listening to boston john for a while, but I cant find this "article" on him, it sounds interesting, could someone point me to it?
Jason

CFI/CFII

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 05:05:06 PM »

Hi, ive also been listening to boston john for a while, but I cant find this "article" on him, it sounds interesting, could someone point me to it?

Sure, just type his name into google and it is the second result: http://www.learner.org/channel/workshops/nextmove/metaphor/airtraf.html
Greg01

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »

He looks so young!

Greg
Lincolnshireblue

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »

Funny how you imagine a face to go with the voice.  I thought he was much older (or the picture is old!)

Jackie
frantzy

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 03:32:22 AM »

The mental image I had was something like this:

(of course without the...um...FAA Medical challenges Cheech might face)
frantzy

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 03:34:57 AM »

Sure, just type his name into google and it is the second result: http://www.learner.org/channel/workshops/nextmove/metaphor/airtraf.html

I'm as big a fan of Boston John as anyone, but I'm half expecting him to get a restraining order one of these days and say we're stalking him  grin
Miyridian

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:53:51 AM »

Is it just me or does that not sound like him at all? Perhaps there is more than one John on the tower staff?
Jason

CFI/CFII

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 04:13:53 PM »

Is it just me or does that not sound like him at all? Perhaps there is more than one John on the tower staff?

With all due respect, it may be you.  I recognize the voice and his name (first and last) both match up.  Maybe he sounds different outside of the tower?  I know quite a few guys that have a slightly different voice on the frequency.

Jason
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length