Author Topic: Looking for AudioTCF3466 (UA3466) 02NOV ORD Rejected Take Off and Gate Return  (Read 19457 times)

Offline lincolnjkc

I'm not sure this is the right place, but I'd appreciate any help in finding as much ATC audio as possible for United Express (Shuttle America) 3466 scheduled ORD-CLE departing 10:55 am local, return to gate at 11:22 am local on 02NOV.

The pilots rejected the takeoff with about 4000' of runway remaining and after the nose wheel had left the ground. I was on that aircraft and I'm very curious about what this sounded like on the air, even moreso since there was essentially no information from the crew or UA agents.

My ATC-foo is not with me this morning as I've taken a listen to most of the ORD recordings from around that time and haven't been able to pick out that call sign -- so I'm not sure if I have the wrong feed, the wrong time, or if I'm just deaf.

While it looks like the flight eventually left (4+ hours later) agents moved everyone onto other ORD-CLE flights

United Flight 3466
Operated by Shuttle America dba United Express

DEPARTS
ARRIVES
City: Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
 Gate:
 Check-in Terminal:
 Scheduled Time: 11:00 a.m.
 Scheduled Date: Sat., Nov. 2, 2013
 Actual Time: 10:55 a.m.
  Actual Date: Sat., Nov. 2, 2013

City: Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
 Gate:
 Terminal:
 Scheduled Time: 1:17 p.m.
 Scheduled Date: Sat., Nov. 2, 2013
 Estimated Time: 11:22 a.m.
  Estimated Date: Sat., Nov. 2, 2013

Thanks!

Lincoln

Offline RonR

Do you happen to know what runway this happened on?

Ron

Offline lincolnjkc

Unfortunately I can't say I do  :-( I remember seeing the sign -- but I promptly forgot as soon as maximum reverse thrust and breaking kicked in.

We departed from and returned to gate B21 without much of a taxi and from my seat on the left side of the aircraft I saw an American (Eagle)  take off on a runway diagonal to the one we were on just before we started our roll -- so I suspect it was on the north side of the airport if that helps at all.

Offline RonR

Hi Lincoln,

No problem anyway, I found it...your call sign was Mercury 3466:

It was an issue with an airspeed indicator...

Audio is condensed to about a minute and a half.

Ron

Offline lincolnjkc

Ron,

You're awesome -- thanks so much for digging it up and condensing it. Now I know :-)

Lincoln

Offline RonR

No problem  :-) I'm just  lucky I found it so quickly!

In case you weren't aware, the times shown in the archive section are Zulu time which for yesterday was five hours ahead of Chicago time (Today it's six hours with the clock change).  So you would have had to look at 1600-1630Z in the archives for your flight.  Again, that's just in case you didn't know  :wink:

Ron

Offline lincolnjkc

D'oh! I was aware of the Zulu-based timing but I completely neglected to account for the time change -- so I was looking one hour off. *facepalm.

That explains it :)

Lincoln

Offline RonR

Ha ha, happens to the best of us  :lol: