Author Topic: AFR102 Emergency at Moscow  (Read 20827 times)

Offline hotdog12

AFR102 Emergency at Moscow
« on: August 04, 2012, 05:35:09 AM »
Found this clip on the net.. from UUEE feed I guess..

So this Air france B773 has declared an emergency reporting sparks from left side.
Very professionaly handled situation from Moscow ATC..  finally they land and everything ends OK.

Offline Fred_Garvin

Re: AFR102 Emergency at Moscow
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »
Wow that  would warm the heart of any language teacher.  well done to all involved.

757-rules

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
 :mrgreen: From my understandng this was not an emergency, but rather a precautionairy landing, but I could be wrong.... (I doubt that though)

This is what I heard:

At 1:10 mark the pilot not flying (usually operates the radio) says:
"From time to time we have sparks zero from level 3 right, so we need to land to check".

Which would mean they have a ignition problem with the right hand engine and has to be checked... they dumped fuel and landed safely....

According to flightaware it would be a 777-200.... also not sure though

Offline Rick108

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »
Question for you big-iron types.  Where does fuel physically "dump" from - are the 'drains' on the wings somewhere? Any issues dumping fuel when there are sparks coming from an engine? Just wondering...

Offline datainmotion

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »
Question for you big-iron types.  Where does fuel physically "dump" from - are the 'drains' on the wings somewhere? Any issues dumping fuel when there are sparks coming from an engine? Just wondering...

I believe many have outlet tubes at the outermost trailing edge of the wings (probably to keep the fuel away from any part of the aircraft)

Offline svoynick

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 05:29:04 AM »
Question for you big-iron types.  Where does fuel physically "dump" from - are the 'drains' on the wings somewhere? Any issues dumping fuel when there are sparks coming from an engine? Just wondering...
Go to google, click on "Images" and search for <aircraft dumping fuel> and you'll get a number of images of different types that dump from different positions.

Offline Mirlady

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
_AFR 102: From time to time we have spark  in the roof at  level DOOR 3 right, so we need to land for change/check.

My guess is sparking was at DOOR 3, later the interpreter clarified, sparking  was at DOOR 3 of the fuselage.