airtraffic

Author Topic: Aircraft Off Runway at TEB?  (Read 28902 times)

Offline n57flyguy

Aircraft Off Runway at TEB?
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »
Confirm? just picked it up from a freind. Dont know when it happened, Ill check the archives to see if something went down.

Offline Jay

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:47:53 PM »
It all started at 1409EST

I'm sure the guy who runs the TEB feed is working on a clip *hint hint* Keith

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 01:53:09 PM »
Jay, you know...anyone can listen to the archives, it doesn't have to be the feed owner ;)

Here's what I heard, listening through the archive... the Falcon (registered to Motorola) checks in for ILS rwy 6.  After hearing the winds (300 at 20), he requests 24, and is eventually approved for it.  He makes a right turn to enter left downwind 24 and is cleared to land.

A Seneca then checks in for ILS rwy 6 and is told to make a straight in....then he's told that there's a disabled aircraft on the rwy and that he should contact New York dep 127.60.

Attached is a clip from when the Falcon checks in, with some silences removed.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:59:03 PM »
If anyone has trouble listening to the clip, let me know. For some reason, it won't play for me in winamp, but it plays in Audacity, which I used to edit the original archive.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 02:05:07 PM »
I've heard numerous rumours about the incident @ TEB.

My dad was enroute from SUA to TEB when Center said that two NetJets aircraft (One a Citation Soverign and another one [possibly an Excel]) had collided with each other at the airport (KTEB) and that both runways would be closed for 8+ hours and asked where he'd like to divert to.

It sounded like more than one incident occured and no one has a straight story.  Thanks for the clip, Keith.

I'll post anymore details if/as they become available,

Jason

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »
Quote from: keith
If anyone has trouble listening to the clip, let me know. For some reason, it won't play for me in winamp, but it plays in Audacity, which I used to edit the original archive.

You have to upsample it before saving it in Audacity if you want Winamp to play it.  Try 44100.

Offline n57flyguy

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 11:20:04 AM »
A freind of mine who works for Dassult at TEB said antoher one did run off the runway, again. The first one was a Canadair Challenger, maybe a 300. But he didnt know anyhting else.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/7655070/detail.html

Thats from the news

Offline halacha

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 01:11:54 PM »
http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/accident_incident/preliminary_data/media/I_0306_N.txt

********************************************************************************
**   Report created 3/6/2006   Record 5                                       **
********************************************************************************

IDENTIFICATION
  Regis#: 973M        Make/Model: F900      Description: FALCON 900, MYSTÈRE 900
  Date: 03/03/2006     Time: 1910

Event Type: Incident   Highest Injury: None     Mid Air: N    Missing: N
  Damage: Unknown

City: TETERBORO   State: NJ   Country: US

DESCRIPTION
  ACFT ON LANDING, VEERED OFF THE END OF THE RUNWAY, TETERBORO, NJ

INJURY DATA      Total Fatal:   0
                 # Crew:   2     Fat:   0     Ser:   0     Min:   0     Unk:    
                 # Pass:   1     Fat:   0     Ser:   0     Min:   0     Unk:    
                 # Grnd:         Fat:   0     Ser:   0     Min:   0     Unk:    

WEATHER: NOT REPORTED

OTHER DATA

Departed:                             Dep Date:    Dep. Time:      
  Destination:                          Flt Plan:              Wx Briefing:  
  Last Radio Cont:  
  Last Clearance:  

FAA FSDO: TETERBORO, NJ  (EA25)                 Entry date: 03/06/2006

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 09:56:25 AM »
Quote from: Biff
You have to upsample it before saving it in Audacity if you want Winamp to play it.  Try 44100.

Where is this option in Audacity?    Is this the "Set Rate" option off the drop-down menu on the track editor itself?  When I changed this option in Audacity to 44100 and saved the track, WinAmp played it by at a high rate of speed.

This issue has plagued me for the last year as well and has hindered me in contributing any clips to this library, despite running across a few good examples.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 09:53:18 AM »
There's a little box in the lower left corner of the screen that has the bit rate displayed ("Project Rate").  Just click on that and it'll pop a list of choices.  I think Winamp will actually play as low as 22050.   Change that before you export as mp3.

Offline vicegod2003

Re: Aircraft Off Runway at TEB?
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 06:43:36 PM »
You guys prob won't believe me but I was in that seneca that checked for runway 6.  I remember that flight.  Very bumpy.  We diverted to Morristown.

Offline EivlEvo

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »
DING! What do we have for him Johnny?

So Mr. "I was in that Seneca"... care to clarify any of this "confusion"?

Welcome to liveATC  :-D

~DAVE

Offline vicegod2003

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 03:46:07 PM »
Well we were coming up from just north of atlanta in PA-34 N3561X,  Finally got to Teterboro,  Got cleared for the ILS 6.  It was very bumpy. at least mod turb.  Switched to tower, checked in.  Everything was looking good.  We were going to ask for runway 1 but apparently there was disabled jet on the runway so we stayed with runway 6.  Then tower told us that the airport was now closed and to contact approach.  We flew down the ILS a ways and I saw the Falcon I believe that had slid off runway 24 into the grass and the ARFF trucks were just arriving at the scene.  We diverted the Morristown and went on with our way.

Offline EivlEvo

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 01:09:27 AM »
Any idea what the ATIS at TEB was reporting for conditions? Obv the vis wasn't bad? I haven't been to NY/NJ in about a month but I know it was still yuck by the great lakes. I wouldn't anticipate reporting poor braking or anything at KTEB tho?

So did it look like he just overshot?

~DAVE

Offline vicegod2003

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
It was dry with like a broken layer at 4 or 5 thousand.  Nothing on the runway, like you said prob just overshot.  It was just very windy.  IIRC it was out of the north at like 20 gusting to 25/30ish.

Offline stomaszewski

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 07:26:43 PM »
I was the co-pilot on the Seneca. Very long and stressfull flight. We took off from Daytona Beach, FL early that day flew to KRYY, northwest of ATL, picked up a family member and then direct to TEB. The turbulence was moderate, especially in a small twin and after flying 4 hours getting bumped around we had to go somewhere else after they closed down the airport. We had about an hour left of fuel and thought about landing at EWR, but with many large jets on the final that didn't look possible. We told the controller we were low on fuel and needed to land. We diverted to Morristown.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 01:11:13 PM by stomaszewski »