airtraffic

Author Topic: Alphabetics, Numbers and Abbreviations  (Read 14596 times)

Offline Hobbyist

Alphabetics, Numbers and Abbreviations
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:20:16 PM »
Those of you who are new and current members of LiveATC.net. Here is the alphabets in aviation language.

A-Alfa=ALFAH, B-Bravo=BRAHVOH, C-Charlie=CHARLEE,                      D-Delta=DELLTAH, E-Echo=ECKOH, F-Foxtrot=FOKSTROT, G-Golf=GOLF, H-Hotel=HOHTELL, I-India=IDDEE AH, J-Juliet=JEWLEE ETT,                   K-Kilo=KEYLOH, L-Lima=LEEMAH, M-Mike=MIKE,                                    N-November=NOVEMBER, O-Oscar=OSSCAH, P-Papa=PAHPAH,              Q-Quebec=KEHBECK, R-Romeo=ROME OH, S-Siera=SEEAIRAH,               T-Tango=TAGGO, U-Uniform=YOUNEE FORM, V-Victor=VIKTAH,              W-Whiskey=WISSKEY, X-X-ray=ECKSRAY, Y-Yankee=YANGKEY &          Z-Zulu=ZOOLOO.

Here are the numbers that are spose to said individuly

0-Zero=ZE-RO, 1-One=WUN, 2-Two=TOO, 3-Three=TREE,                     4-Four=FOW-ER, 5-Five=FIFE, 6-Six=SIX, 7-Seven=SEV-EN, 8-Eight=AIT, 9-Nine=NIN-ER.

I hope this finds very useful when it comes to aviation letters/alphabets and numbers. And what they mean.

Here`s one from www.airwaysnews.com Abbreviations.

BF-Bought From. BU-Broken Up. CR-Crashed. CVTD-Converted. DBER-Damaged Beyond Economic Repair. DD-Delivery Date. DMGD-Damaged. FN-Fleet Number. FRF-First Revenue Flight. FRTR-Freighter. LF-Leased From. LRF-Last Revenue Flight. LT-Leased To. NTU-Not Taken Up. OF-Operated For. OO-On Order. RF-Returned From. RT-Returnd To. RTS-Returned To Service. SLF- Sub-Leased From. SLT-Sub-Leased To. ST-Sold To. TC-Total Cycles. TL-Total Landings. TT-Total Time. WFU-Withdrawn From Use. and finally WO-Written Off.

Offline sean

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »
Let me suggest another source, as some of your translations are a bit different from what is officially accepted:

http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/ATC/Chp2/atc0204.html#kp82a8atc

Or...

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/MAEL/ag/phonetic.htm

(Beat you to it, Jason...  :) )

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:35:41 PM »
Quote from: sean
(Beat you to it, Jason...  :) )

Nope, I just decided not to post.  I actually read this 15 minutes ago, but I like to give others a chance.  :wink:

I'll keep this in mind for the next time <g>.

Jason

Offline sean

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »
Yea, sure...

Show off.  :lol:

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 10:20:16 PM »
Quote from: sean
Let me suggest another source, as some of your translations are a bit different from what is officially accepted:

http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/ATC/Chp2/atc0204.html#kp82a8atc

From the AIM, this is funny:

5   Five  (pronunciation:) FIFE

Then, right below this, they give an example:

11,495   "One one four niner five."

Looks like the AIM is representative of the real world; that is, hearing fife for five is a rarity.  :)

Offline FlyCMI

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 10:25:25 PM »
I hear Kansas City Center saying FIFE all the time.  It sounds funny when they say Contact Indy Center on one one niner point fife fife.  Or one tree tree point two two fife.

Offline Madman1

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 11:24:56 AM »
FIFE and TREE are official ICAO pronounciations. Too many non English native pilots are just unable to articulate sounds like THREE. I giving an English phraseology PTC to all our ATC controlleres here in Geneva Switzerland, and no one finds it weird.