airtraffic

Author Topic: AF1 dropping in for a nice friendly debate...  (Read 15346 times)

Offline InterpreDemon

AF1 dropping in for a nice friendly debate...
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
Finally had a few moments to compile the Air Force One arrival at JFK this past Tuesday (attached). Even the radio frequencies are largely cleared during the arrival envelope, no controller transmissions to any other aircraft during the time they are handling AF1, so it's pretty easy to follow once they checked in with CAMRN approach.

One thing is for sure, if I were CIC I would never fly that behemoth for such a short trip to NYC. But hell, he likes to fly it down to the local 7-Eleven for a pack of Newports. What a waste and incredible carbon footprint for somebody who claims to be worried about the climate. I could care less about the climate hoax, I'm just a frugal Scot and would prefer instead to take Marine 1 or simply get a fighter jock to give me a lift like "W" did.

Offline dlarokk

Re: AF1 dropping in for a nice friendly debate...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »
Climate hoax? Is this really the place for political BS like that?

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
You really need to lighten up and have a good time like the rest of us, Diarrhea. So many people out there always trying as hard as they can to be offended by something, or if they are not personally offended trying to accept offense on behalf of others. Can't imagine going through life that way, but apparently it is indeed true that misery loves company.

Would you be similarly outraged if I agreed with your side of the argument?

Probably not. Instead you'd probably have said something like "Nice recording, thanks for bringing it to us".

Your apology is accepted.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 06:39:53 AM »
Thread closed.  Keep it civil.