airtraffic

Author Topic: Audio clip preferred format  (Read 28418 times)

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Audio clip preferred format
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:49:57 AM »
Dave posted the preferred audio clip format back in June as a Sticky in the listener forum, but after doing some unstickying.....Just a quick reminder:

Quote from: dave
I prefer that audio postings be in MP3 format (keeping file sizes smaller than WAV, for example) and at the lowest possible sampling rate that produces clear, intelligible audio. However, if you don't know how to convert to MP3, WAV is allowed, as is Real Media format and a few other formats (there is a help link listing the allowed types when you post).

As of 10/22/06: Also note that Archives go back 45 days and are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT or UTC).  There has been some confusion lately I've noticed regarding the times of the archives.  They are now in zulu, as opposed to the past when they were in Eastern Time.

Regards,
Jason
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 10:58:11 PM by Jason »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Audio clip preferred format
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »
One of the planned changes is to put the times in UTC, though.  I will announce prior to that happening.

Dave

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: Audio clip preferred format
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 02:32:04 PM »
The original post in this thread has been updated to display the most recent information.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Gil Barreto

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »
preferred format is MP3. Thank you

Offline levidavis10@hotmail.com

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »
how do you record clips when listening to towers :?

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
how do you record clips when listening to towers :?

Our archive system records most all of our feeds when they are up in 30 minute blocks of time.  These can be accessed for up to 30 days from the date you are looking for.  You can access the archives through the left sidebar on any liveatc.net page, or through this link.

Hope this helps.

Offline aminrc

Re: MEHRABAD ATC
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »
HELLO DAVE   IAM AMIN    I LISTEN TO THE MEHRABAD ATC YOU UPLOAD THATS VERY GOOD  I AND ALL OF IRANIAN PILOTS KNOW HE       I AND ALL IRANIAN PERSON HAVE REQUEST FROM YOU AND THATS IS PLEEEASE   UPLOAD MORE CLIP FROM MEHRABAD APP OR MAKE MRHRABAD LIVE LINK IN LIVEATC   VERY THANKS   AMIN