Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 02:21:33 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Boeing 757 low approach Honduras Airport
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boeing 757 low approach Honduras Airport  (Read 10469 times)
Joost2651

« on: May 24, 2007, 02:46:04 PM »

Check this Movie , a boeing 757 approaching Honduras

Air Traffic Controller in Virtual Simulation World @ www.ivao.aero
athaker

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »

wow!  who was the genius who decided to put one end of a runway at the bottom of a hill?  that's frightening!
cessna157

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »

That approach looks like a blast to fly.  I'd be flying it with my eyes closed though!

CRJ7/CRJ9 F/O, Travel Agent
dan9125

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 12:14:24 PM »

I think I saw his gear hitting the weeds.

Gecko1
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:15:03 PM »

Is that a legal spot to be in? A terrorist could shoot out the wheels with a handgun. If someone were seen in a spot like that in the U.S., guards would be all over them.
I would be a little worried about that landing. Look out for downdrafts.  undecided
Pearson

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:28:14 PM »

Is that a legal spot to be in? A terrorist could shoot out the wheels with a handgun. If someone were seen in a spot like that in the U.S., guards would be all over them.
I would be a little worried about that landing. Look out for downdrafts.  undecided

No closer than SXM, an airport to which several US carriers make daily approaches.
Check Airman

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 08:29:05 PM »

A terrorist could also stand on my road and shoot me in my living room. Stop being paranoid.
Himerzi

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »

The U.S. is  a completely different story relative to a lot of  Latin American countries, most of these countries simply don't have a security system set up in such a manner that would allow for "guards" to be "all over them" . Quite frankly I think that Honduras has more relevant things  to focus on than worrying about a bunch of spotters being possible terrorists. Sorry if I sound like a D!ck but just wanted to give my opinion.
The Hoffspatcher

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 09:28:49 AM »

Very nice  grin

Ben Hoffman; BAv, ADX
Trust your Dispatcher!
Casper87

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:45:10 AM »

Thats an insane  shocked
Fryy

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »

the real messed up thing about that approach, atleast with AAL, you watch a video and then your qualified for it, they dont even allow you to get a check ride and its a captain only landing.

Volunteer KSUU feeder
http://d.liveatc.net/ksuu.m3u
Gecko1
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »

A terrorist could also stand on my road and shoot me in my living room. Stop being paranoid.

The U.S. is  a completely different story relative to a lot of  Latin American countries, most of these countries simply don't have a security system set up in such a manner that would allow for "guards" to be "all over them" . Quite frankly I think that Honduras has more relevant things  to focus on than worrying about a bunch of spotters being possible terrorists. Sorry if I sound like a D!ck but just wanted to give my opinion.
True... I guess that's the sad thing about the world these days. You can't practice aviation related hobbies without drawing suspicion or needing a license. I just hope they never decide to make ATC off limits to civilians, or, god help us, scramble the transmissions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:47:40 PM by Gecko1 » Logged
ozziecat35

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 02:35:10 AM »

Wow, quite the exciting approach,can't wait to load that into FS9.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere...write that down.

-Van Wilder
Biff

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 10:54:08 AM »

I think I read somewhere that they've since bulldozed that hill so the approach isn't quite as exciting any more.

kaffemaskin

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »

runway doesnt look all that long either. must be scary as a passanger looking out the window going now we're landing and then it just continues down. whoa!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length