Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 04:12:00 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Boeing 757 low approach Honduras Airport
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boeing 757 low approach Honduras Airport  (Read 12003 times)
TrixieKQ

Former controller from ZAB & ZBW.

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »

Isn't the Aspen, Colorado airport kind of similar?  A friend of mine sent me a picture of an aircraft on approach there.  He was standing on a hill off to the side of the runway, and the aircraft was lower than he was; i.e. he could see the top of the aircraft - and he wasn't too terribly far away.

Peace

Controller:  "You know what happens when you assume something, right?"

Trainee:  "Yeah, you *$#* up."
jtgurkin

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »

Having flown into TGU before, I can say from personal experience it's a little scary.  I flew in on a COA 737 it wasn't as bad as the AA 757, so I hear.  Takeoff is also an interesting as there is a hill at the other end of the runway which if i remember right is maybe 6000 ft long.  It's hard to find a flat spot in a country that is 95% mtns.
tyketto

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 04:20:47 AM »

runway doesnt look all that long either. must be scary as a passanger looking out the window going now we're landing and then it just continues down. whoa!

To be honest, this isn't bad. I've been scared by worse.. Much worse! Tongue

Try Paro (VQPR): http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0540452/M/
If the field isn't VMC, it isn't open, because there are steep hills on both sides, and there are no instrument approaches to the field, despite there being a VOR about 10DME north of the field.

Also, Lukla (VNLK): Here, Here, Here, Here, and Here.
Yes, the departure "end" of runway 6 slopes up, but it's slammed against a mountain, so you're never going to depart that way. And also, off the departure end of runway 24 is a 3000ft drop. Like Paro, if it isn't VMC, it isn't open. Amazingly, both have scheduled commercial service! Flying in and out of these.. If you can fly in and out of these, you bloody well deserve to be called a pilot!

BL.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 04:24:29 AM by tyketto » Logged
mtlatc

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 10:42:52 PM »

Just for the record...That was not a low approach..that was a full stop..or a landing..please have a bit of respect and get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry

LE
dylanh

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 01:33:23 AM »

Just for the record...That was not a low approach..that was a full stop..or a landing..please have a bit of respect and get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Maybe you should add a couple more exclamation points...you know, for emphasis. :roll:I'm pretty sure the OP meant that the airplane looked low on the approach.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length