Author Topic: Boston July 4th Fly Over Audio from Boston (KBOS) Tower  (Read 12120 times)

Offline mk223

Boston July 4th Fly Over Audio from Boston (KBOS) Tower
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
Attached is a condensed clip of the one hour closure of Logan Airport during the July 4th Flyovers. The clip is approx 16 minutes in length. Below are some of the aircraft mentioned (photos from me).

Offline notaperfectpilot

• PPL
Re: Boston July 4th Fly Over Audio from Boston (KBOS) Tower
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »
great audio and GREAT pictures! sounds like that controller had his hands full!

Offline wims

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
Boston John?

Offline mk223

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »
Boston John?

I'm not sure about that, but if I find out I'll share.

Offline billybob

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 12:20:10 AM »
I think its actually Dave Schultz of Schultz Airshows doing most of the work, based on the voice and words used it sounds like him. I only know because he does the Boss work for Atlanctic City Airshow.

Offline BLS2001

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
I was there at the end of the runway on a tugboat. I was on Liveatc.net on my iphone. I was on the KBOS(east/west) frequency. The second the blue angels were about to take off I lost ATC. I took video of them taking off from end of the runway exactly over me. Then a transport cargo plane took off. I said Boston ATC must have been full. Allow no planes seem to have landed or taken off while the military took off and was overhead it was a mess. You got to realize from the end of runway into Boston i just a few seconds on a plane. There were 4 military helicopters over KBOS while the Blue angels where over head. The blue angels where gone for a long time. There was a private helicopter over head that was below 500 feet. There were skydivers in the area. there was a Massachusetts State Police copter in the area. then there was a few flyovers from some planes that were not Blue angels. There was Coast Guard Helicopters everywhere, and those C130 I think. The air was packed. And the water was also packed!!!

Anyone know where inbound civilian planes landed while the show was going on?

Offline djmeissner

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
great clip!

More than likely aircraft were holding at the holding patterns (I believe they are near Gardner and Providence) and/or the airlines knew that the airport was going to close for a time due to an air show.  Thus, the reworked their schedules slightly.  Plus it was the 4th of July so flight schedules were probably not as busy as normal day.