Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 03:12:43 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  British Airways "Speedbird 287 Heavy" Second Go-Around for the evening.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: British Airways "Speedbird 287 Heavy" Second Go-Around for the evening.  (Read 27046 times)
englishpilot

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 09:39:24 AM »

It seems that in the second recording @ 7:12 the crew of 287 missed the speed restriction of 160 knots issued by ATC because it was stepped on. I think had the crew slowed down as requested they would not have had to go around the second time. To me the controller isnt at fault here. He knew 287 was faster and asked them to slow down...

Well Speedbird didn't readback the instructions correctly so in actual fact it was the controller's fault for not correcting him or at least verifying that he understood or received the speed restriction.

I don't proclaim to be the best pilot in the world but I'm safe.
kinshasaAPP

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 10:17:23 AM »

It seems that in the second recording @ 7:12 the crew of 287 missed the speed restriction of 160 knots issued by ATC because it was stepped on. I think had the crew slowed down as requested they would not have had to go around the second time. To me the controller isnt at fault here. He knew 287 was faster and asked them to slow down...

Well Speedbird didn't readback the instructions correctly so in actual fact it was the controller's fault for not correcting him or at least verifying that he understood or received the speed restriction.
Favoritism! I joke...  tongue
englishpilot

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »

Favoritism! I joke...  tongue

I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't proclaim to be the best pilot in the world but I'm safe.
alreet-bald

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »

I don't blame the Speedbird pilot for being mildly pissed off. The controllers job is to manage traffic flow with efficiency while keeping it safe. Surely he should of kept in mind Speedbird was a heavy and needed more room then an A320 for example.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length