Author Topic: Busy night at JFK  (Read 116615 times)

Offline tak13

Re: Busy night at JFK
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 02:59:13 AM »
Can someone reupload this again? Thanks!

Offline AB9IL

• AB9IL.net
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
Yes, what happened to the original file?  Kennedy is definitely an entertaining airport to monitor, especially during the evening  international push.  All hell seems to break loose during Friday nights when there are thunderstorms, fog, or snow...

Offline phil-s

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
Yes, if someone can reload? I probably read it but that was years ago.

On a more positive note, who are the best non-native English speakers out there? It's a little tricky because it sounds like some of the pilots for foreign carriers are native English speakers. Cathay Pacific for sure but also Emirates and some other mid-east airlines. 

I vote for without a doubt for KLM as consistently the best, followed by Lufthansa (though there's a lot of variation with them). Aeromexico, Taca, and Lacsa also have some really good English speakers.  And then there's Air India, native English speakers, and with practice perfectly understandable by us Americans - but it does take some practice.

Offline klkm

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2011, 12:09:53 PM »
I rarely have problems with Air Portugal, Qatar Air, Emirates, KLM, TCV (Cape Verde Airlines), and Mistral (BOS).

My worst are TAM, Iberian, Air France.  All three are horrible and just about tied in their lack of ability to speak english.  TAM also has the added problem of not knowing how to fly...

Offline phil-s

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
I'd add China Eastern and Kolean Air, LOT, Dynasty, to those other badboy lists. and,yes,  the French are notorious for taking  prde in the excerable accents while attemtping to spek English.

Offline fredpnt

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
I'd add China Eastern and Kolean Air, LOT, Dynasty, to those other badboy lists. and,yes,  the French are notorious for taking  prde in the excerable accents while attemtping to spek English.

Not all of'em buddy!

I am French, and I can tell you there is NO WAY you could tell I am...  :-D
Once I even made fun of my fellow Air France pilots departing from LAX while I was on the standard departure procedure from Santa Monica over SoCal Departure.
Even the SoCal dude laughed with me.

Too bad, I looked for the recording, but unfortunately, no feed.....

Anyway... I agree.... Most of us, french bastards, are horrible when it comes to speak english....

:lol:

Hmmmmmmm Say again after good morning??!!!  :evil:

Offline glencar

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
I work a ton of Air France flights and they're all quite professional and I've had no language problems. Korean Air used to have trouble but they're much better.

Offline Clipper1145

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2011, 03:56:11 PM »
wer is the link :-o

Offline athaker

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »
Here's the clip for this thread someone posted on YouTube... man I loved listening to this controller at Kennedy.  Definitely took care of business.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:09:30 PM by athaker »

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
Here's the clip for this thread, posted on YouTube... man I loved listening to this controller at Kennedy.  Definitely took care of business.

Prime example of why I LOVE listening to KJFK! Outstanding clip!