Author Topic: California Pacific Airlines  (Read 9964 times)

Offline SoCal Pilot

California Pacific Airlines
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:51:27 AM »
There is a new carrier getting underway at Palomar Airport (KCRQ).  California Pacific Airlines will service northern San Diego county for flights to Las Vegas, Phoenix, Oakland...and a few other cities.  This clip is the arrival of the first Embraer 170 (N176EC) to Palomar Airport from Nashville, TN.

http://www.utsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2012/jul/06/new-california-pacific-airlines/#/0
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:08:58 AM by SoCal Pilot »

Offline Marty Becker

Re: California Pacific Airlines
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »

Offline SoCal Pilot

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »
Supposedly they are getting three aircraft by the end of the year...interesting to see where the others come from.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:34:08 AM »
There is a new carrier getting underway at Palomar Airport (KCRQ).  California Pacific Airlines will service northern San Diego county for flights to Las Vegas, Phoenix, Oakland...and a few other cities.  This clip is the arrival of the first Embraer 170 (N176EC) to Palomar Airport from Nashville, TN.

http://www.utsandiego.com/photos/galleries/2012/jul/06/new-california-pacific-airlines/#/0

This is a good thing. Not only does it provide an alternative to KSAN, but also an alternative to divert some traffic out of KSNA. Works for me, as I'm in LAS and SMF. Also, they are providing int'l service to MMSL. I find it equally interesting that KCRQ has customs on site, but isn't an int'l airport, nor int'l port of entry, nor customs rights landing airport. Granted any airport can be an int'l airport as long as customs is available, but there has to be some differentiation between a customs landing rights airport, int'l port of entry, and a customs user fee airport.

Also good to note that this is being run by former PSA employees. They do know something about being a regional, let alone know how to handle their passengers, so this should be good. I'd fly them just for the E170s alone, but adding PSA into it makes it a bonus. I just hope KCRQ works out for them, as it appears that SKW is the only commercial service flying out of there.

BL.