Author Topic: ccccccya  (Read 67221 times)

Offline msk1172

ccccccya
« on: August 24, 2005, 12:02:58 AM »
the right way to say "ccccya" to a controller

Mike

Offline Sirclown82

ccccccya
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:45:48 AM »
Oh I love it.  :D

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
ccccccya
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 05:33:59 AM »
But here's the *real* CYA guy.  I love it when the Cape Air calls in for Mocha Clearance.  Classic.

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
BOS Controller
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »
That guy in BOS kicks a$$.

Offline msk1172

ccccccya
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:37 AM »
yeah. no one can come close to that.  However, isnt there more than one 'ccya' guy at the tower?  That isnt the same guy as the 'hasta la vista' guy is it?  I seem to remember him having a more hispanic accent.

Offline IndyTower

ccccccya
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 11:40:06 AM »
Controllers in towers often work clearance, ground and local...and some have Class B/C services, CIC etc etc.  They all rotate.

Offline PHL Approach

ccccccya
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
I'm sure Mike knows that, however you might be right Mike. Alot of guys in Towers and Tracons have inside jokes and sayings that they say to each other or pick up on just for the fact that alot of them talk amongst each other while on the job. I'll have to listen for more people saying Cyaaaa. That guy is a hoot, by far my favorite controller now.

Offline IndyTower

ccccccya
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 12:30:27 PM »
Man I guess I just read what he said to quickly and completely wrong...I thought he said that he thought that guy worked at the tower as opposed to delivery...my apoligies.

Offline PHL Approach

ccccccya
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 04:11:46 PM »
Jason and I were wondering what "MOCHAHAGoTDI" meant. I found it, http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/MOCHAHAGoTDI.html . AHAHAHA Love it

Let me add something, that on Mike's clip that isn't a controller mocking the "Cyaaaa" thats the pilot.

Offline msk1172

ccccccya
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 06:05:06 PM »
Quote from: PHL_Approach
Jason and I were wondering what "MOCHAHAGoTDI" meant. I found it, http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/MOCHAHAGoTDI.html . AHAHAHA Love it

Let me add something, that on Mike's clip that isn't a controller mocking the "Cyaaaa" thats the pilot.

And that pilot was me  :D

Mike

Offline tyketto

ccccccya
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 02:14:01 PM »
Quote from: msk1172
Quote from: PHL_Approach

And that pilot was me  :D

Mike

Lucky !@#$$%! ;) :lol:

It's guys like this controller that make me wish I had made the career change a long time ago. Any other archives with this guy? I'd love to hear them!

V-f'n-R. Classic.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
ccccccya
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 02:19:44 PM »
More to come...  :-)  There is endless material there.

Offline hoochiemama78

ccccccya
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 10:52:33 PM »
Same guy (John) that gives the hasta la vistas (he once gave an Air France a "bon jour and bienvenue" on check in).  Haven't heard him in the tower in a while, mostly just clearance/ground lately.  He still manages to flirt with some of the female pilots early am though.  He was on Skyways (Boston VFR/Helicopter traffic) a few months back and had a 5 minute conversation with a TV copter pilot named Heather about going to lunch.  Guy is just plain fun to listen to.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
ccccccya
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 11:05:09 PM »
John most definitely enjoys his job  8)

Offline davebelair

ccccccya
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
where are the clips I do not see them.
Thanks
Dave

Offline mattkbdl

ccccccya
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 11:39:43 AM »
Quote from: davebelair
where are the clips I do not see them.
Thanks
Dave

You have to sign in to listen to the clips.  It is easy, free, and well worth it. :D

Matt

Offline Neil

ccccccya
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 06:25:59 PM »
These are great....feel free to post more of ol' John.

Offline inigo88

ccccccya
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 04:36:25 PM »
Hey guys, I've been listening to the feeds forever but first time posting here. I love John!!! I wish we had controllers like that in Norcal! (Although I have to give them credit because most do have a good sense of humor.) I keep checking the BOS feeds now whenever I'm online, but so far I haven't caught him, and I'm getting John withdrawls  :lol: . Have any hardcore fans figured out his shift schedule yet? If not it would definitely be a worthy endeavour.  :D

Thanks guys,

-Inigo

Offline dbaker

• http://flightaware.com/
ccccccya
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 04:00:13 PM »
Quote from: dave

Hi dave, could you please make the interface a bit better to let people know they have to login to listen to the audio?  I've written phpBB contributions before and still couldn't figure out for a long time why my browser didn't show the links to audio.  Perhaps it could show the file and link to registration/login rather than the mp3 itself?  I think I'm not the only one that's been confused.  Great site, thanks.

Offline captkorndog

ccccccya
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005, 02:25:24 PM »
I love these...looks like Boston is the airport to fly to for a good time  :lol:

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
ccccccya
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
Quote from: dbaker
Quote from: dave

Hi dave, could you please make the interface a bit better to let people know they have to login to listen to the audio?  I've written phpBB contributions before and still couldn't figure out for a long time why my browser didn't show the links to audio.  Perhaps it could show the file and link to registration/login rather than the mp3 itself?  I think I'm not the only one that's been confused.  Great site, thanks.

"NOTE: Registration required to listen to audio clips. "

It's right there on the front page of the forums.  Doesn't anybody read?
:-)

I'll post something sticky inside the forum here, too.

Dave

Offline bschott

ccccccya
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005, 10:56:31 PM »
How about someone call BOS and ask....just a thought :)

Offline digger

ccccccya
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 03:22:46 AM »
How about someone call BOS and ask....just a thought

They probably wouldn't tell you anyway--this is the post 9/11 world we're living in.

Also, even if you did know John's schedule, as I posted in http://www.liveatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3584&highlight=#3584, " they're all certified to work each position, for example, clearance delivery, ground, or one of several local control positions. Where they plug in could be determined by something as simple as who else is due for a break. It's also possible that a controller could be in the tower and never make a transmission, if they were working data, or acting as a trainer to someone else. "

Offline bschott

ccccccya
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 07:10:25 AM »
Quote from: digger
How about someone call BOS and ask....just a thought

They probably wouldn't tell you anyway--this is the post 9/11 world we're living in.

Also, even if you did know John's schedule, as I posted in http://www.liveatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3584&highlight=#3584, " they're all certified to work each position, for example, clearance delivery, ground, or one of several local control positions. Where they plug in could be determined by something as simple as who else is due for a break. It's also possible that a controller could be in the tower and never make a transmission, if they were working data, or acting as a trainer to someone else. "

yeah, I forgot about that.

Fatherland...err...HOMEland security and all.

Offline inigo88

ccccccya
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2005, 05:57:34 AM »
Thanks Digger, wishful thinking on my part. With the liveatc feeds combining several tower positions the specific position never mattered to me, I was just hoping I could hear an approximate time to listen for him since I'm on the opposite side of the country. I'll keep trying I guess...

"IT'S NOT ROCKETA SCIENCE, IT IS... JETBLUE!!!"  :D

-Inigo