Author Topic: Delta B764 at Atlanta on Apr 8th 2016, hydraulic problems; and a little extra  (Read 7865 times)

Offline semperflyer797

Offline GeoffSM1

Before you posted your clip semperflyer (for which many thanks) I was quite close to posting a similar clip to yours but I held back at the last minute thinking I would see if I could find more of the incident. Next time I came on here you had already started this thread so I got on with other things. However, subsequently, having a bit of time to spare, I decided  to have another look at the archives and the attached clip is the result. I debated whether I should leave out the section you covered but in the end I've left in all I found - from Atlanta Centre transmissions (confirmation of Emergency) through to Ramp.
One thing perhaps someone could explain - why was a different callsign used while the flight was in contact with Departure? The only thing I can think is that there were two aircraft with very similar callsigns on the frequency causing the controllers to use an alternative for one - but that explanation  isn't evident from the clip.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:38:47 PM by GeoffSM1 »

Offline TwinkiePilot

Before you posted your clip semperflyer (for which many thanks) I was quite close to posting a similar clip to yours but I held back at the last minute thinking I would see if I could find more of the incident. Next time I came on here you had already started this thread so I got on with other things. However, subsequently, having a bit of time to spare, I decided  to have another look at the archives and the attached clip is the result. I debated whether I should leave out the section you covered but in the end I've left in all I found - from Atlanta Centre transmissions (confirmation of Emergency) through to Ramp.
One thing perhaps someone could explain - why was a different callsign used while the flight was in contact with Departure? The only thing I can think is that there were two aircraft with very similar callsigns on the frequency causing the controllers to use an alternative for one - but that explanation  isn't evident from the clip.

Can't catch the callsign, but the fuel dump sounds like a different aircraft, different problem.

Offline GeoffSM1

I considered that possibility but the timing of the switch between the feeds seemed to rule it out.