Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 02:17:32 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Golf or Foxtrot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Golf or Foxtrot  (Read 12418 times)
kkjlai

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »

Speaking of CYKZ, yesterday (May27)was probably the first time I heard all 3 frequencies (124.8,119.9,121.8 MHz) all in use at once..  The ATC was extreamlly busy with all the flights (trainings?) and traffics around the area..  It is probably caused by the whole week(s) of bad weather and yesterday was such a good day for flying in weeks..  smiley

I guess.. at the peak of the traffic, CYKZ was the most busy airport in Canada for an hour or so..  Aircraft movement every 30 seconds...   rolleyes
spallanzani

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 01:47:49 AM »

I know that. I flew at CYHU on saturday and it was full of traffic too because of the sudden good weather.
bcrosby

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 08:42:46 AM »

Speaking of CYKZ, yesterday (May27)was probably the first time I heard all 3 frequencies (124.8,119.9,121.8 MHz) all in use at once..

I was trying to practice short field take-offs during that mess. It was insane. The tower was split (as you mentioned). 119.9 was working the circuit, t-o/landings, while 124.8 was working traffic wanting to enter into the control zone.

I wrote about it in my blog at http://fly.blakecrosby.com/2006/05/busy_day.html

The majority of the traffic was due to the Poker Run (which I explain in the link above).

Love_To_Fly

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 11:06:09 AM »

Quote from: penguin44
Cool too see some fellow Buttonville flyers here!

I thought I was the only one Wink I take it you fly out of YKZ too?

There used to be a Buttonville feed here, but no more. I'm trying to find some people who live near the airport to host the computer+scanner so that we can get it up again.

I'm training out of buttonville also!  I flew yesterday.   It is a very active airport, always something going on!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length