airtraffic

Author Topic: Has this really not been posted yet? Delta pilot snaps at ATL ground. Hilarious!  (Read 35159 times)

Offline JTS97Z28

I searched all sorts of words and did not see this posted yet.  If it has been my apologies. This along with the Southwest stuck mic is the funniest clip I have ever heard.  This Delta pilot goes from sounding perfectly calm to freaking out for apparently no reason at all. "Like OMG there is a plane six miles away" hahahahah
Does anyone know the story behind this? Pilot have a rough night or something? Glad to hear the controller kept his cool, because what this pilot did is ridiculous!

Sorry it's not an mp3 file, only place I can find this clip on is liveleak.

http://liveleak.com/view?i=a08_1406358353

Offline ChrisMOlmstead

Saw the LiveLeak video too and had to pull the recording to believe it, but it happened. Absolutely rude of the Delta pilot. Good controller.

The pilot of discussion is Delta 2422, an MD88.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:58:15 AM by ChrisMOlmstead »

Offline SirIsaac726

Man, I can only imagine the cringing the FO is doing in his seat (assuming only a Captain has the balls to snap on mic like that).

Offline svoynick

"Settle down, Captain Happy!"  Perfect tension breaker...

And even the Delta 1334 pilot, asking if the controller wanted them on M or L (after they'd earlier been cleared to taxi on L and read back clearly) - I couldn't help but think that was a little dig at Captain Happy too, but a little more subtle, since he was company...

Sounded like the controller was suppressing a laugh through those last few transmissions.

Offline JTS97Z28

^^^ haha yeah, that one Delta pilot asking about Mike or Lima was for sure a dig at that other pilot. I got a chuckle out of that too LOL.

I still can't believe that pilot actually said "like OMG there's a plane six miles away" on the frequency. roflmao!!!

Offline EJA

WTF?  He was cleared VIA Mike.  Come on dude.  ..  Must have been pissed regarding the :57 dep time to CLT .  Happens sometimes ...,   Funny.  Wonder if he knows that thousands have listened to him.  DAL might want to consider an anger management program for the guy.

Offline ChrisMOlmstead

"My attitude is not like yours..."

... yeah try worse.

Offline yflyifr

Well, Capt Happy just made the nightly ABC National News.

I'd fire him, you want him driving your family around?

Offline rationaljeff

This just made national news, and is being framed as putting the passengers in danger.

Offline mikeNC

Seems like ATC handled the situation perfectly.... Capt is just a delta putz....

Offline ysitincoach

FAKE?

Anyone else wonder if it's fake?

As in, perhaps someone else was on channel messing with the controller?

When the alledged DL pilot comes back to sass the controller, it sounds completely different than the other responses DL 2422 gave earlier in the recording.

Offline RonR

Re:
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:40 AM »
If it were fake, I would have expected the "real" delta pilot to chime in and say that it wasn't delta 2422 talking. Maybe the copilot was on the radio earlier?

Local news radio here in NYC carried the clip and gave credit to LiveATC...

Offline ysitincoach

Re:
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
If it were fake, I would have expected the "real" delta pilot to chime in and say that it wasn't delta 2422 talking. Maybe the copilot was on the radio earlier?

Local news radio here in NYC carried the clip and gave credit to LiveATC...

Guessing the real pilots would only come forward in Delta's internal review of the matter.

Offline mindlesstux

At about 2:30,
Did I hear correctly and missed something?

Did he say he makes a mistake every 2-3 minutes?

Offline svoynick

I don't have the time right now to go back to the archive and listen through it, but I wonder if they had any other interactions on the frequency between then and switching over to tower.  Seems like they would have talked again at some point, given the long wait to :57.

Offline jcl410

I don't have the time right now to go back to the archive and listen through it, but I wonder if they had any other interactions on the frequency between then and switching over to tower.

I checked the 1130-1200 archive... They had rotated controllers by the time it came to move DL2422 again.

It was normal; just cleard to LC via L and monitor tower. The response was also normal sounding.

Aloha,

John

Offline Acey

This just made national news, and is being framed as putting the passengers in danger.

Seems it's the opposite of this, Delta reached out to the media because most articles have "Delta says customer safety was never in question." or some derivative.