Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 07:49:33 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Intresting X winds
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intresting X winds  (Read 19875 times)
marcoleon

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »

The paint schemes for these aircraft are indicative of an airframe still under testing or certification. Most probably they were determining crosswind limits for the airframe or autopilot.

Impressive nonetheless.

Hey N57, does your name stand for New Garden airport?
n57flyguy

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »

Yes I proudly am part of N57! But yes the paint does indicate it was a in testing. And it was interesting how the 747 SP was in there, ive seen a few of them at Boeing Field years back.

Fly to live, live to fly!
Check out www.n57.com
Check Airman

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 12:31:38 AM »

Which airfield is that? Seems like a desert. Does anyone know the ICAO code?
n57flyguy

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 09:31:56 AM »

I was wondering the same thing, maybe in the Middle East someware, but I really don't know. I'll try to find out for you if I can.

Check out www.n57.com
n57flyguy

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 08:04:24 AM »

I found out some tests were down at Andrews AFB in the desert, but I am still not exacly sure.

Check out www.n57.com
n57flyguy

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »

I found out some tests were down at Andrews AFB in the desert, but I am still not exacly sure.

Check out www.n57.com
Check Airman

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 06:40:44 PM »

The code is 07MT
n57flyguy

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 11:13:15 AM »

How did you find that one? I found that the newer 777s were tested at Edwards AFB, not Andrews, But thanks for that.

Check out www.n57.com
Jolly009

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

O.K. Here are my Guesses as to the landing Strip....

Edwards AIr Force Base, California (High Desert, with plenty of Winds to shuffle about in Fall Winter, along Hwy 58.  

Mojave International Airport (But I do not see any of the sitting duck planes, 'the grave yard')  Mojave, California also High Desert Back Sloap of the mountains with plenty of winds along Hwy 58 as well...

And the one no one thought of......

Moses Lake Washington...KMWH...This is only a hop-skip-and a jump from BFI (Boeing Field) in a Flight.  JAL trains there 747 pilots there.  a Ton of Touch and Go's....  Everyone thinks Washington state as Green, well in Eastern WA, it is Desert, just like you see in the video...Just another airport to ponder....

A380-800  I know this will cause a lot of 'debate' but coming from Washington state (Boeing) I just want to add this little comment (and no offense to you, or airbus..it is amazing the sucker actually got off the ground.)   "Do you see Boeing Test Pilots with Parachutes on during their tests, Like the Aircrew of the A380 had on during their maiden flight?"  smiley  Just friendly banter

Kevin Schultz
Veteran USAF HH-60G Crew Chief
Firefighter/EMT-B
tyketto

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »

I doubt the Feds would let Boeing test the 777 out of Andrews, as that's in Maryland, and where the current Air Force 1 and Air Force 2 are housed.

Edwards is possible, but 07MT in Glasgow is definitely it. Have a look at the info for it from Airnav:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/07MT

Boeing uses this field quite a bit.

BL.
n57flyguy

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

Im actually from Washington and Boeing rocks, my dad worked for them also. And besides the test pilots get all the glory, remember? Boeing over Airbus any day, barnone.

As for the airstrip, I think it is Ebwards AFB, or your right it could be Moses lake. Actually I think it is Moses, But checkairman, are you sure its Edwards? I say it might be Moses Because alot of Boeing activity there. Just a thought.
http://www.portofmoseslake.com/gcia.htm

Check out www.n57.com
mdl21483

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »

d-a-m-b  cheesy  

Houghton11 - there's acutually been quite a few SP's built, check out Airliners.net or Planepictures.net for more... we actually have the Saudia Royal Flight -SP enroute right now back to IAH Houston Intercontinental!
And speaking of crosswinds, for most of this week we've been having a few days with some pretty heafty crosswinds (20kts-40kts sustained) forcing us to use runways that are normally restricted for takeoffs only, unless the pilots are gutzy enough to pull off tributes to that video!

~Mel~
Mike

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the song on the clip? Very addictive
n57flyguy

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

I really have no clue what song it is but it goes well with the clip, makes the 747 and 777 even more graceful for such huge aircraft that they are. As for the airport it could be two different ones, my best guess is Moses lake and Edwards.

I'll try to email them to find out, and could anyone here translate what it says on the clip, I believe its spanish.

Check out www.n57.com
DTAK

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 11:27:26 AM »

The song is "Return to Innocence" by the group Enigma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Innocence

Available on iTunes

dtak
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length