airtraffic

Author Topic: JFK ground starts getting frustrated  (Read 22997 times)

Offline trichorse

JFK ground starts getting frustrated
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »
The first thing I heard from this guy, it was in response to one pilot, still at the gate, requesting runway 31 and he told him there would be a delay due to traffic concerns because that was not the usual runway for that route of flight and to call back when he was ready for taxi.  This was at 7:50pm Eastern (I saw the time as 7:55 but my clocks can be a little out of whack).  After that, and a second request from the same guy for the same thing...the ground controllers patience kinda goes downhill.  You can here other pilots chiming in with "Nice guy" and "Shift change".  I do wish my controller supported the equipment to capture the clip and post it my self, because this was funny.  At 8:00 the controller changes, so I'd say everything took place between 7:50 pm and 8:00pm.

Offline trichorse

Re: JFK ground starts getting frustrated
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
And then the new guy has to deal with somebody who made a wrong turn and needed a car to help evaluate.  That was between 8:03pm and 8:05pm...Bad night to be a ground controller it sounds like.

Offline trichorse

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »
Can anyone help with getting this clip since my computer is being a completely obstinate mule over not supporting the software...and I do think it was interesting.

Offline trichorse

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
And the incident with the British Airways and reporting the catering truck...between 8:35pm and 8:40pm...am I seriously the only one who is hearing these?  Please tell me someone got these clips so they can share with the rest of those who didn't hear them, because it's a busy night on JFK ground with interesting incidents, it sounds like.

Offline RonR

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »
You're right, that was rather interesting!  Here it is...

Ron

Offline hayek

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:43:30 PM »
I've never heard the "did you get the plate number?" call before.  Sounds like the BA pilot hadn't either.

Offline trichorse

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:34:51 PM »
"Did you get the plate number?"
"No, we're a bit high up for that."

Offline Close@Hand

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
I think it is actually

"Did you get a plate number?"
"No, it's a bit dark for that."

Offline dorough