airtraffic

Author Topic: King Air 200 559DW - Pilot saves aircraft and family after medical emergency  (Read 36467 times)

Offline 48t03c24

Flight originating from Marco Island FL destination in Louisiana, diverted to RSW-SW Florida International with the help of Miami controllers and then, as in the audio clip, RSW tower controllers.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/12/pilot-lands-safely-swfia-after-co-pilot-loses-cons/

here's the audio, http://web.naplesnews.com/media/audio/2009/04/kingairsave.mp3

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
Attached is the same audio file, just compressed down to 6 meg and I took out the long silent times. so now it's 14 minutes in length.

Offline 48t03c24

check....thanks for the editing!  You gotta love the hospitality Southwest Florida Int'l shows for our visitors, eh.  We know which side of the bread is buttered here.  Much of the economic engine runs on tourism and you may consider the way the tower operators rolled out the red carpet for 559DW as another example of just that.  Come and and see us for a spell, won't ya?

Offline Robert Larson

Wow. Chilling. I guess this is a likely Archie award next year, eh?

Offline Dalin

He kept asking for approach speed....that's what i would want to know 1st also..........single eng land here too, but have flown right seat in a few Kings....

Talk about pucker factor...this guy sounds very calm...

Offline tucraceman

Wow, I'm listening and my palms are sweaty.
~D

Offline dan9125

Thanks for posting, great clip.

Dan

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
Wow that was a great clip. Sounds like the pilot did a great job! I always wondered about being in a situation like that and if I would be able to land the a/c. I have my SEL Private pilot rating but i also have way over 1,000 hours microsoft flight sim time and i think I would be able to land the plane.