Great edit job!
I can't believe ARFF tried to communicate with the aircraft while they were shooting a low vis approach on most likely essential or emergency power. (meaning flying the peanut)
1. ARFF crews are NOT pilots.
2. ARFF crews are NOT aircraft mechanics.
3. ARFF crews are given the bare minimum of info as to the nature of the emergency, and often the information turns out to be incorrect.
4. ARFF crews do not usually hear all of the radio traffic.
5. ARFF crews have no idea as to what "shooting a low vis approach" involves, nor what "flying the peanut" means. (see #1)
6. ARFF crews DO want to have at least a minimal amount of contact with the flight crews so they can be made aware of any special needs or conditions.
In all fairness, I truly don't understand why ARFF would ask about the masks...at that stage of the game it wouldn't matter if they had deployed or not.