Author Topic: C-5-A crash audio?  (Read 19133 times)

Offline dan9125

C-5-A crash audio?
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »
Anyone find any audio of the C5 that went down in Dover this morning?

Dan (KBUF)

Offline n57flyguy

C-5-A crash audio?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »
Most liky there is no audio. I would be suprised if someone has it and I would like to here it, but I doubt it. There is no feed of that area/airport and its an AFB so I dont even know if its legal to get aa AFB. I wish there was audio though.

Offline jphil

Military Aircraft Use UHF
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »
Most military flights use UHF which is a much higher frequency than civilian VHF radio.  Not covered by the typical aircraft band scanner.  Don't know about the legality issue.

jphil

Offline Jolly009

• http://firehouse.com
C-5-A crash audio?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »
Legality Issues is the same as Police and Fire Scanners....  Open airways....ATC is open airway because everyone (Pilots) need to know the published frequency in case of emergency....But like for other buttons Secure1 and 2 (Like We had in our Helicopters.) Those are Secret to Top Secret depending on mission, and need to know.  And if you have that, then that is a different story.  As far as scanner, they are different bandsa nd all, but if you get them in a different area, or working with a GCI it will be usable to have a scanner (normal handheld one.)

Offline Cessna172

C-5-A crash audio?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »
See the post regarding this C-5 incident in the Listener Forum at:

http://www.liveatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1719

Cessna172
Home Airport: West Houston Airport (KIWS)
www.westhoustonairport.com

Offline mtlatc

Re: C-5-A crash audio?
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »
Most military flights use UHF which is a much higher frequency than civilian VHF radio.

Most militay cargo a/c have both types of radios and prefer to use VHF. C-5, C-17, C-141, C-130 all examples.