Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 07:55:53 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  LN3591P makes gear-up landing at PHL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LN3591P makes gear-up landing at PHL  (Read 8707 times)
Phlux

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »

To all the rest of you. I bet that most aren’t pilots and are lazy wanabes  that have nothing better to do than listen to pilots doing their jobs. Go jac* off and leave us alone.

Additionally, not all wannabes are wannabes because they are lazy.  Assuming so is arrogant, and insulting to those you can't fly because of any number of circumstances you probably wouldn't care to hear nor consider.  You should be humbled that people are fascinated with your line of work. 

If we're wrong, by all means set us straight.  However you can leave that attitude at the house.

Charlotte Ground - "Cactus 1441, hold short of mike and give way to the RJ..."

US Airways 1441 - "We have priority here, this same thing happened last time..."

Charlotte Ground - "You have priority when I give it to you, now hold short Cactus 1441..
Fryy

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 12:11:11 AM »

Wasn't this a LIFEGUARD flight as well?

Volunteer KSUU feeder
http://d.liveatc.net/ksuu.m3u
Dave_B

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »

Shut the F**ck up.   To all the rest of you. I bet that most aren’t pilots and are lazy wanabes  that have nothing better to do than listen to pilots doing their jobs. Go jac* off and leave us alone.

Steve, you are getting exactly what you deserve if right after an incident you show up here. If you are the aviator you claim to be, you should know that even those sites where pretty much everyone is a pilot are filled with speculation, crazy hanger-talk, and always a little dose of stupidity. If you are scouring all of these sites "trying to set the record straight", you are going to be one busy boy.

Be thankful that it ended well and chill out.
NEILCM80

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

Steve.

Very disappointing,

Like said before accidents / mistakes happen, But having a bad attitude with those on this forum like you have im not suprised it happened.

To say your a co pilot is a little far, id say you were the passenger asleep. 

I think it would have been great that if you had came on here and said how it was you may have been understood and Sympathy for an error may have been recieved.

However i think it is very  irresponsible  to even state anything that happened given you were on it, (according to yourself.)
ridejumpfly

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »

To “Dave L” the guy that said "pilots get your passengers and yourselves off the plane" Shut the F**ck up. Maybe that is what you heard in some safety briefing. It was dark when this all happened and a jet was on final right behind us. Last thing  we needed was a jet landing on the same runway and causing a actual crash. Using your head saves lives.

I understand your frustration but this holds no weight.  As a crew there was an assumption (whether true or not) that it was smoke from friction during the landing.  Using your head should tell you that the smoke could be from something else and that there is a chance of a fire.  Evacuation was the right call.   The aircraft behind on the approach was sent around before the report of smoke was given so that is not a reason to stay onboard, futhermore sitting in a plane that can't move with a plane on final behind isn't really using your head.  What if he had landed and rolled into your plane?  Not very safe in there at that point.  Evacuating the aircraft and getting away would have taken very little time for 5 people.  You had said you didn't evac because of the guy on final so why didn't you communicate that concern to the tower?  Bad judgment was shown here.  At the time you may have thought it was a good call but it wasn't.  I'm sorry it happened to you but that is my take as a previous 121 pilot and current ATC .  Of course if your lifeguard status had something to do with staying onbaord I can understand a little more.  Of course this is all just based on the information I have.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:20:55 PM by ridejumpfly » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length