Author Topic: Off Airport Landing - Minor Injuries  (Read 27146 times)

Offline marcoleon

Off Airport Landing - Minor Injuries
« on: September 21, 2005, 04:58:21 PM »
This happened a couple of weekes ago. The pilot only had 60 hours under his belt. Did a great job considering his experience. Here'es the NTSB Report: http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20050917X01489&key=1

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:30:54 PM »
Thanks for the clip marcoleon!  I'm glad everything worked out :-)

Offline frantzy

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:59:09 PM »
From the NTSB report:

An examination of the airplane's maintenance records revealed that the airplane's engine had accrued 7,069 total hours of flight time, and had accrued 2,771 total hours since major overhaul.

TBO of 2,000 hours, even if overhaul isn't required under Part 91, going that far past TBO doesn't seem wise.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 12:01:45 AM »
Quote from: frantzy
From the NTSB report:

An examination of the airplane's maintenance records revealed that the airplane's engine had accrued 7,069 total hours of flight time, and had accrued 2,771 total hours since major overhaul.

TBO of 2,000 hours, even if overhaul isn't required under Part 91, going that far past TBO doesn't seem wise.

Very true, not so wise to do that.  TBO numbers are not just given "because."  They actually have meanings :-)  :lol:  8)

Offline marcoleon

TBO
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 09:43:17 AM »
The aircraft is owned and maintained by Nassau Flyers. When I checked them out five years ago for flight training, they stressed that their maintenance practices were the best on the airport. Even competitors couldn't and didn't say anything bad about them. I guess finances are tight these days.

Marco