airtraffic

Author Topic: One of the very best approach controllers (N90, EWR)  (Read 143206 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
One of the very best approach controllers (N90, EWR)
« on: June 01, 2005, 02:08:03 PM »
Listen to this one hour clip...great stuff!

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 03:12:19 PM »
Great Clip Dave!!  HD is awesome at pushing Tin!

Offline aerosnoop

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:20:27 PM »
Is there any link to listen to New York approach? The clip was awesome and I'd like more!

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: One of the very best approach controllers (N90, EWR)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 12:00:51 PM »
Quote from: dave
Listen to this one hour clip...great stuff!

Dave, do you have the date and time of this clip?  It would be additionally entertaining to sync it up with the Passur ATC radar data, found here:

http://www4.passur.com/ewr.html

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 12:23:02 PM »
It's at least 2 or 3 years old, or more.  Don't have the exact date.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 12:31:36 PM »
Quote from: dave
It's at least 2 or 3 years old, or more.  Don't have the exact date.

Ahh, that old...

Offline Kilpileon

amazing
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 06:10:27 AM »
never heard so busy traffic. Amazing!

Offline DAL211

HD at N90
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 09:58:13 AM »
5 or 6 years ago HD was pretty active with us at vZBW and trained all the tracon controllers here.  To anyone who thought they were God's gift to virtual control, an hour with HD would leave you wanting to take up chess.

HD would take off every evening from EWR as N90EWR and fly to Boston and pepper every controller with questions enroute.  He did it so often that when everyone saw N90EWR pop up at EWR filed for Boston almost everyone would immediately log off.  The guy could clear a room faster than a bean fart.

One hell of a nice guy and a freakin genius controlling traffic.

DAL211

Offline AmericaWestCMH

• http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kcmh2.m3u
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 03:04:14 PM »
Wow.   :shock:

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 09:08:55 PM »
proud to have EWR as my home airport 8)

Offline evilcuban

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 11:43:56 PM »
That was phenomenal.  Any more clips of him?  Has anyone heard from him recently? 

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 06:24:24 AM »
That was phenomenal.  Any more clips of him?  Has anyone heard from him recently? 

Nope.  Last I heard he's out at CVG now; transferred out of N90 a few years ago due to personal reasons.

Offline seanh00700

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
That was NUT'S.....  :-o

He is one of the best i've ever heard !!!

was the clip in real time ?  dead air taken out ???

....Sean.....

Offline evilcuban

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 01:18:00 AM »
Sean- yes, unless that is REALLY, REEAALLLY good editing, its real-time.  You can hear the mics keying on and off, he's just that good.  Wonder what the personal reasons were?  Too high of a stress level if it's always like that, I bet!  We have a CVG feed don't we...wonder if he's ever on there.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 06:56:05 AM »
Sean- yes, unless that is REALLY, REEAALLLY good editing, its real-time.  You can hear the mics keying on and off, he's just that good.  Wonder what the personal reasons were?  Too high of a stress level if it's always like that, I bet!  We have a CVG feed don't we...wonder if he's ever on there.

As far as I know, it was in real time.  And no, from the story I got, the personal reasons did not include stress level.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:38:06 AM by Jason »

Offline CntrllrATC

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
That is definately a smooth approach controller. You have to give kudo's to the pilots also for following his directions so well and not cluttering the freq with excess phraseology. Of course i'm curious where the Lear was going at the beginning when he was given direct to TEB.... :lol:

Offline evilcuban

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 12:24:30 AM »
Jason-  Well cool, thanks for the info.  If it's personal reasons I won't venture any more into why (only curious anyway) unless he himself wants to come on here and talk about it.  I wish he would come on VATSIM!  I'd love to have the opportunity to just chat him up for 5 minutes, it would be such an opportunity to learn...  I was just floored through that entire 56 minute clip.  LH reminds of him, too.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 08:56:29 AM »
Jason-  Well cool, thanks for the info.  If it's personal reasons I won't venture any more into why (only curious anyway) unless he himself wants to come on here and talk about it.  I wish he would come on VATSIM!  I'd love to have the opportunity to just chat him up for 5 minutes, it would be such an opportunity to learn...  I was just floored through that entire 56 minute clip.  LH reminds of him, too.

He still is a member of vZBW on VATSIM, but hasn't been active for many years.  When he was active, I heard he was an amazing asset to have.

Offline GoncalvesCarvalho

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 11:26:36 PM »
I like the speed restrictions...this guy as an incredible capability of holding several actions at once without loosing situational awareness. Just beautiful!!! :-)

Offline YWGTower

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 09:05:17 PM »

He still is a member of vZBW on VATSIM, but hasn't been active for many years.  When he was active, I heard he was an amazing asset to have.

WOW! This same controller was on VATSIM!?!??!  :-o :-o :-o

I wish he would join the LA ARTCC for air traffic control, they certainly need it! Lol...

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 11:18:30 PM »

Nope.  Last I heard he's out at CVG now; transferred out of N90 a few years ago due to personal reasons.

As a CVG flyer, I don't think he's at CVG, definitely don't have this voice at CVG

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 06:31:12 AM »
As a CVG flyer, I don't think he's at CVG, definitely don't have this voice at CVG

All I know is that he transfered from N90 to CVG a few years ago and has a CTO for CVG tower (according to the FAA database), but nothing beyond that.  He could have retired.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:33:27 AM by Jason »

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 08:42:29 AM »

All I know is that he transfered from N90 to CVG a few years ago and has a CTO for CVG tower (according to the FAA database), but nothing beyond that.  He could have retired.

Where can I find this database?  That would be pretty interesting to see

Offline DairyCreamer

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 05:26:47 PM »
The man of the hour is at CVG according to the FAA Employee's database. See: employees.faa.gov  and check out the directory.

Many years ago (I think it's closer to 5-6 years old actually) the old chief of the virtual NY ARTCC distributed copies of this.  I had one of the tape copies sent out for years and years, but it got lost in all the moves and car changes I've had.

I am SO glad that this clip still exists.  It is truly a brilliant display of ATC prowess, skill, and ability.  I will always remember "peaches and cream," and I swear one day when I'm busy as hell, I will say that on frequency, QA be damned.

~Nate

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »
FAA Registry: Airmen Certification Inquiry  Since ATCSs have to get medicals just like pilots, most of them are entered into the FAA Registry.