Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 09:40:40 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  One of the very best approach controllers (N90, EWR)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of the very best approach controllers (N90, EWR)  (Read 61238 times)
fabian24

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »

Where's this clip?
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »

Where's this clip?

Just go back to the first posting in the thread.
jm0944

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »

Great Clip Dave!!  HD is awesome at pushing Tin!
InterpreDemon

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »

First time I heard this, and I disagree with "Binky" when he said, "Because no one can see what was happening with the traffic, I can assume that he's behind when he sends aircraft through the localizer for spacing."

Though having the slight advantage of knowing and flown that airspace, I still felt like I was looking right at his screen as he handed off flights to the tower at a rate of one per minute while also sequencing TEB and through traffic. What is more impressive to me but perhaps less noticed is that it appears he even anticipated incoming hand-offs and would hold off on his "insta-replies" every minute or so to allow them to check in... I note that in that entire recording of hundreds of transmissions I do not recall a single double, even when I thought I heard one at around 29m it actually sounds like intermod, so not only was he in complete control of the airspace, he was in complete control of the airwaves as well. Truly remarkable.

Feed Purveyor:
KJFK ARINC
KHPN ATIS
(KJFK) NY DEP Liberty East
HF CAR-A  3455/5550/6577/8846/11396
HF ARINC LDOC  6640/8933
HF NY VOLMET  6604

Complaints should be addressed to: City Hall
N90-EWR-TX

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2013, 01:20:29 AM »

I worked with HD for a few years before he transferred off. He was always a solid controller that you could count on, just like most of the controllers in the EWR area here at N90. Our area has always been the toughest, most complex area in the TRACON to get checkedout on, even though JFK usually gets more fanboys. As for what he's doing, going through the loc, and slowing to 160, or sometimes to 150 may not be "ideal", and probably not used often in a lot of other places, but its not uncommon here. Its mostly due to how our airspace is configured into a funnel when landing 22L. We normally have a lot of compression on final, and having aircraft sequenced to bare minimum separation at a speed that is very close to their final approach speed means we wont lose much more spacing inside the FAF. We don't "gig" too much on silly stuff like strip marking or even phraseology on our area as long as you can get the job done. Usually the slower facilities tend to be more strict on that, but they probably never have to deal with both the complexity and volume that we routinely get here. If you can keep all the aircraft separated safely, and jam pack them at bare minimum separation non stop for a whole session at near perfect efficiency, then...what else matters?

aviator_06

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »

Wow! Like an auctioneer

joeyb747

Nothing Like A 747!

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »

OUTSTANDING!!  cool

Great Clip Dave! Thanks!

Aircraft Mechanic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: