airtraffic

Author Topic: Pilot and Controller Fight!!!! Must Listen!!  (Read 25059 times)

Offline serprah

Pilot and Controller Fight!!!! Must Listen!!
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:17:01 PM »
Being an Air Traffic Controller is far from easy, and it can be quite frustrating at times. Earlier today a pilot and controller got frustration when they got the call signs mixed up. I reordered the audio and put it on YouTube. It can happen!

For your convenience I put it on YouTube along with a edited audio file of the incident.

Visit Aviation's official Fan Page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aviationhq
Visit the YouTube Video:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:05:44 PM by serprah »

Offline JTS97Z28

Re: Pilot and Controller Fight!!!! Must Listen!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:22:20 AM »
AWESOME!!  the pilot said I think you need a break ROFLMAO.   Im a controller myself and nothing pisses me off more when you have a controller that gets frusrated like that and has to make ridiculous comments. The other day one of the ladies at my facility made some uncalled for comments to a swiss pilot who was mis understanding her transmissions. Pissed me off.

Offline roadblock

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »
She's not really enunciating very well.. I could see where people might have a little trouble understanding what she's saying.

Offline martyj19

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
She's not really enunciating very well.. I could see where people might have a little trouble understanding what she's saying.

It's Chicago Approach.  If you can't deal with the pace, stay out of the airspace.  It does take some practice to understand what is said in the busier locations.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:44:53 AM by martyj19 »

Offline SirIsaac726

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:54:47 PM »

It's Chicago Approach.  If you can't deal with the pace, stay out of the airspace.  It does take some practice to understand what is said in the busier locations.
That has nothing to do with it.  If the controller on the other end isn't speaking clearly, no matter how slow or fast the pace of the sector or the controller's speech won't change anything.  You can speak clearly and quickly and still effectively communicate with your traffic.

Offline lrjtcaptain

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »
sounds like she started getting annoyed when Cactus responded sarcastically with "Yeah we have Delta."  This topic has always been beaten to death but there are many times on initial call someone reports they have the current ATIS code.  Im doing something else, they aren't a priority at the time and just to verify the correct ATIS code I will reiterate it.  Yeah, it annoy's pilots, but I'm protecting myself.

Offline dentaylor

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:52 PM »
Pilot could've handled that better. Nobody was "yelling at him" until he made the 'if youre done yelling at me' comment. If you cannot understand the controller then say 'say again' but don't start an argument.

Offline lostmoon

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »

I agree.  She's eliding the words too closely and the nasality isn't really helping either.

Offline gonzo5252

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
She is a great controller. US Air (Cactus) has been playing games for the last few months and is pissing a lot of pilots off. I will not bid CLT because of it.

Offline C172kid91

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
I've dealt with this lady before.  99% of the year she's grumpy.  It was even worse because I was in a Cessna 172.

Offline PHXCONXrunner

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 12:48:41 AM »
She is a great controller. US Air (Cactus) has been playing games for the last few months and is pissing a lot of pilots off. I will not bid CLT because of it.

No she's not: Instead of ignoring the pilot, she tied up the supposedly busy airspace to fire one back.  BTW, US1 is a PHX-ORD flight by West crews.

I agree.  She's eliding the words too closely and the nasality isn't really helping either.

That's mostly an artifact of the recording process.  I could understand most of it just fine, and it seems the other pilots could too.  The only time any issue was had was when she got stepped on talking to the Eagle Flight.

IMO, both need to have a little chat about professional conduct.  Lesser deviations have caused major incidents.

Offline ogogog

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »
sounds like all you ATC experts havent figured that there are TWO controllers talking ,the first is a trainee and the second is the trainer. i know both very well and let me say the trainer is one of the best controllers ive ever worked with and dose not put up with snippy pilot comments when she is training someone.

OG
C90/ZAU retired
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:04:26 AM by ogogog »

Offline binky

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 06:57:29 AM »
What's with the controller telling the pilot to copy a number to call twice after she tells him to basically shut up?  He obviously doesnt care as much as her but she has to bait him further rather than letting it go.  Get over yourself already.

Offline GE90strappedToAHondajet

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
haha...at 56-57 seconds, right after she says "we'll give you a number to call" does he ask her what she is cooking?? that's sexist...and hilarious  :-D