Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 11:08:06 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Proper Class "D" coms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Class "D" coms  (Read 1143 times)
coopermasonry

« on: December 06, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

Good listen for student pilots
swa4678

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:41:26 PM »

Other than a failure to read back the runway # after initially being cleared for the option, sounded great.

EDIT: Sounds like this is a Class D with a CTRD... nifty. Although, that almost takes the fun out of Class D services when "2 o'clock and 8 miles" is heard rather than "ahead and to the right." Smiley
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:47:47 PM by swa4678 » Logged
coopermasonry

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »

Great observation on the read back. I noticed that too when I edited, but didnt catch it at the time I acknowledged the option clearance. I definitely should have read back 35, since parallel runways were in use. No excuse. Not sure if KFTW uses a CTRD or not. In hindsight, I am also glad that I stayed on the freq after being cleared to change. Without yet having the Baron in sight, I decided to stay on. When TWR cold called me for another advisory, I had just picked him up at 1.5 miles, same altitude. Thanks for listening...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length