airtraffic

Author Topic: Request VFR practice written or oral materials (KVRB-X26)  (Read 11316 times)

Offline xkjdaijuan

Request VFR practice written or oral materials (KVRB-X26)
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
For the safety,I have to practice the radio communication,I m not english-speaker,so if I dont do any practice on the ground that made me talk to the tower nervoursly.

I dont have enough practice material for the ATC's words.It will be a little difficult.PLZ,If u have some experiences about learning VFR or solo communication with tower tell me.THX for ur attention.

Offline kharmsky2004

Re: Request VFR practice written or oral materials (KVRB-X26)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
Hi...

of course you must practice mentally and orally try to record your practice and listen as you improve...

good luck keep practicing!!!!

safe flight!

Offline onesierrawhiskey

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
Hi, good luck in your flight training!

For best learning of English language phraseology in regards to ATC communication, one of the best things you can do is listen to feeds on liveatc.net! This is one of the fundamental benefits of this site!

1) Listen to Class D feeds on LiveAtc.net: For you, as a student pilot learning VFR with ATC, listen to as many different Class D airports as you can. These are the airports that see the most VFR aircraft and will be most beneficial to you. Listen to whats spoken and try to get a sense of whats occuring. Better you learn in the comfort of your home as opposed to the ramp!

2) Vatsim.net: Virtual air traffic control network, operable with Microsoft FS, Xplane and an internet connection. You can connect and fly virtual VFR in the US with virtual ATC who use real world phraseology. Great learning environment for you!

3) Depending on your level of English, you may benefit from this book: Say Again, Please by Bob Gardner. http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/1068

4) for audio, try this: http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/4614

Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:49:36 PM by onesierrawhiskey »

Offline Dave_B

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
Don't forget the Aeronautical Information Manual. (Sometimes referred to as Airman's Information Manual.) That is the actual bible regarding these procedures. You can get that at Amazon.com or major book stores. If you have an instructor, he/she should have already made sure you have this.

Lots of GA communication, even with ATC, involves non-standard phraseology and it's good to not get into bad habits right away.

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »
If you have Microsoft flight simulator 2004 or newer you can learn by using the ATC feature. It talks for you and you can learn the exact phraseology. It helped me.

Offline onesierrawhiskey

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »
"November One Zero Zero Mike Sierra, you are 82 miles from the outer marker..."  :evil: :lol: