Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Sanford Crash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sanford Crash  (Read 30597 times)
Aardvark

« on: July 10, 2007, 11:10:58 AM »

KSFB picked up the controller getting info from female pilot on crash at 1235z KSFB archive. I'll see about getting deadair out and posting clip later.
Aardvark

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:19 AM »

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=501N

Cessna 310 N501N

From listening to the DAB feed all I can tell is that 501n was handed off to Orlando Approach then the rollover on feed hit. He seemed kinda distracted but didn't dec an emergency.

KDAB 1211z first transmissions from him.
aevins

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »

A very sad and unfortunate accident. I wish my best to the families afflicted by this tragedy.
pilotboi411

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »

From listening to the DAB feed all I can tell is that 501n was handed off to Orlando Approach then the rollover on feed hit. He seemed kinda distracted but didn't dec an emergency.

KDAB 1211z first transmissions from him.

The KDAB 1200Z clip is only 17 minutes long...what's up with that?
Ben F.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »

Very sad incident, used to live just a few blocks from there when I attended Delta Connection Academy. Thoughts and prayers with the families.  embarassed
chefnoel

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »

YAHOO news now reporting 5 fatalities.
pilotboi411

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 02:22:13 PM »

Lifeguard 310ME is being flown to Orl Exec to bring the 10-year-old (that was in the house) to Ohio. He has third degree burns on 80-90% of his body, and aparently one of Ohio's hospital is one of few that can treat him. Tracking it live:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N310ME
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:26:25 PM by pilotboi411 » Logged
Biff

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »

I pulled the archives and didn't hear any calls from the accident aircraft to the tower.  I think he was still with Orlando approach.   There is audio of a the controller vectoring a Connection Academy aircraft over to the scene to get an ID and location.  She (the Connection pilot) did an excellent job.

As of now, 5pm EST, you can still hear a ton of helo traffic working the scene.

A sad, sad day.

aviator_06

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:41:13 PM »

Yea he was flown in to Cincinnati's Lunken Airport. I've flown there a few times my self. Has anyone found any recordings of the accident. I went through the archives myself but couldn't find anything. Also does anyone know what time it occured? Also please pray for the boy and the families involved in this tragedy.

Hollis

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »

Go to the archives for KDAB at 1200Z-1230Z. July 10. He contacts Approach at about 1211Zm but at 1215Z reports he 'lost radio for a second'. (First sign of trouble?).
Follow up with KSFB at 1230Z-1300Z. At 1235Z, tower requests 'Connection 604' to divert to location of smoke.
(Ironically, there is another 501N in the traffic pattern, a 'Connection' a/c).
ejauburn

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »

Prayers to all .... Smoke in the cockpit must have not let them see out off the aircraft or been able to see the panel... Sounds like 2 veteran pilots ....
pilotboi411

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 12:34:29 AM »

I pulled the archives and didn't hear any calls from the accident aircraft to the tower.  I think he was still with Orlando approach. 

Has anyone found any recordings of the accident. I went through the archives myself but couldn't find anything. Also does anyone know what time it occured? Also please pray for the boy and the families involved in this tragedy.

To answer these questions, there is no recording of the actual accident itself. At about 1217z on KDAB's feed he is told to switch to Orlando App on 121.1, and this is likely the frequency he went down on. This frequency is not recorded by anyone on LiveATC, so you won't be able to find any last calls anywhere. As noted, multiple attempts to locate the position on smoke start at 1234Z on KSFB.
pilotboi411

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »

Here's all we have related to this accident. I edited two clips, including KDAB 7-10-07 1200Z and KSFB 7-10-07 1230Z. The clip attached has both segments in there. Dead air has been removed.

It begins with KDAB and N501N calling up Daytona Departure. (Note: both the pilot and controller say the 0 in the callsign quickly and it is often heard as 51N) This continues for just under 3 minutes. As Daytona hands them off to Orlando Approach on 121.1, there is some hint of something not right, as the pilot reports brief comm outage, as well as asking to repeat  instructions.

At 2:45, a beep (inserted by me) indicates the switch to the KSFB feed. Note that there is a large gap in time between these two points (about 20 or so minutes).

We pick up with KSFB asking a Connection (Delta Connection Academy) aircraft to look for smoke on the ground. He coordinates with a few other pilots to help indentify the exact location of the smoke/crash. Many thanks to all the aircraft helping out, especially the number of Connection planes that were on their way back from training.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:39:33 PM by pilotboi411 » Logged
aviator_06

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 11:45:46 PM »

Nice job editing the clip. Even though it's kind of hard to listen to. I wounder what exactly happned.

clodhoppers18

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 10:39:45 AM »

I volunteer with the Red Cross, and I was asked to assist in transport of one of the relatives to the crash site from Tallahassee, FL.  I saw first hand, closer than the media, what it looks like. The NTSB is out there investigating the crash.  It was very eye opening to see how the NTSB "disects" the crash site.  The plane crashed into the back of one house (looking at the front of the houses, it crashed into the house on the left) and a fireball blew into another house that was right beside it.  The two houses that had the plane, and the fireball, are fully destroyed.  There was some minor damage to another house just to the right of the one with the fireball.  I didnt have much time to take a look around, but what I did see was horrific, and to think that a Cessna, could destroy 2 houses, in the middle of a nice neighborhood.  It truly could happen to anybody, and that reality has since been realised, when I visited the site.  I found it very moving to see the baby blue room of one of the houses, and to know that a 6 month old child died there less than 48 hours earlier. 

On the other hand, it was very interesting to see how the NTSB disects the scene.  They label everything to a T and take anywhere from 10-30 pictures of anything the move/remove.  I have always thought that they had an interesting job, and I am considering studying something that could lead into that general career field.

Just thought I would provide some insight into this situation.

Dustin

(btw first post)

I like to blow cock. i am a fag...gay gay gay gay gay gay gay, i heart gay sex. me likey to cum cum in bum bum.
my number is - 373-394-9332 call me and pleasure me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length