airtraffic

Author Topic: strange...PIREP for birthday calls?  (Read 8971 times)

Offline uplink

• PPL ASEL, SOCAL AREA
    • SOCAL TRACON/VAN NUYS APPROACH
strange...PIREP for birthday calls?
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »
Does anybody else find this annoying?  Or is it just me?  I would never imagine asking the FSS to do this.  Has anybody heard this kind of thing before  :?

Offline 727driver

Re: strange...PIREP for birthday calls?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »
What an idiot..a total waste of resources. "Trade you a pirep for a favour" Can you call my chief pilot because I'm a kiss ass and he would think I'm so cool for arranging this. At least make the pirep useful. Oh yeah here is your Pirep: sky clear and smooth. Wow thanks for the useful bit of information Ace! I'm sure the airspace is a safer place because of that report and everyone can now waste their time in reading it their wx briefing package. What's this Top Gun hot shot going to do next ask FSS to order him a pizza to be waiting for him at the FBO when he lands in exchange for another useless CAVOK pirep. If the guy who pulled this stunt reads this;you better grow up, get a life and learn some professionalism if you expect to fly anything bigger than that king air. Guys like this clown think their so cool but they prove that anyone including idiots can get a pilots license these days. Rant over!

Offline uplink

• PPL ASEL, SOCAL AREA
    • SOCAL TRACON/VAN NUYS APPROACH
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:41:28 AM »
LOL :-D  You took the words right out of my mouth.  What a retard.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »
That was...odd...to say the least...  :?  :?

Offline JetBlueMusic!@aol.com

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »
least they could do was blow the candle out and leave.  lol<a href="http://" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://</a>