Author Topic: SugarLand & houston  (Read 15739 times)

Offline mdl21483

SugarLand & houston
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:01:49 AM »
Been trying out a few settings on the new scanner with a dual audio line-in to mic.

On how things go for a first try, how'd I do???

Offline jbrickell

SugarLand & houston
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:57:09 PM »
Hey Mdl,

Whereabouts in Houston are you? I'm on the west side (Katy Freeway and the Beltway). Most of what I can get is West Houston CTAF, and a bit of Houston Departure (no controllers though.) What's your setup? External antenna?

Offline Cessna172

KIWS and KSGR
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 06:02:08 PM »
Hi!

I'm a pilot out of West Houston Airport (KIWS) and I frequently fly to Sugarland Regional (KSGR). Are either of you able to put 123.05 (KIWS CTAF) on this website? I think that would be pretty cool.

Offline jbrickell

SugarLand & houston
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:42:58 PM »
I'll fool around with it a bit today, although the weather's pretty dismal so it's probably not going to be too busy. :-p

Offline Cessna172

SugarLand & houston
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
Quote from: jbrickell
I'll fool around with it a bit today, although the weather's pretty dismal so it's probably not going to be too busy. :-p

Sorry that I'm repling so late. Anyway, on days with bad weather, you could still probably get some chatter on the West Houston CTAF. Many pilots, including myself, who go flying on days with either precip or a low ceiling, or both, will stay in the traffic pattern, and practice touch-and-goes. I've flown on days where there have been at least 2 or 3 planes in the pattern shooting approaches, and there is someone making a radio call approx. very 15-20 secs. Actually, if you're scanning for radio chatter, bad weather days are actually quite busy (except, of course, if there are exceptionally low ceilings of 200-500 feet). Anyway, keep me updated!!

Cessna172
Home Airport: West Houston (KIWS)
www.westhoustonairport.com