Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 05:40:15 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  SWA2709 Stuck Mic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWA2709 Stuck Mic  (Read 19910 times)
svoynick

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »

For whomever wondered about yelling "Stuck Mike" - think about that for a second...
Indeed: the one and only person who needs to hear it is the only one who absolutely can not!

I am reading the autobiography of an American WW2 fighter pilot, he tells the story of a fellow squadron member with a stuck mike during a combat mission.
The offending pilot would talk to himself during the mission so everyone got to hear is "inner monologue"  including "what's this idiot doing" when a wing man pulls along side to try and clue him in on the stuck mike.  Very funny.
That's great...  Could you give the author and title of that book?
Fred_Garvin

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 11:56:44 PM »

An ace of the 8th by Bud Fortier
svoynick

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »

An ace of the 8th by Bud Fortier

Thanks!
flyindart

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 07:18:29 PM »

Definitely sounds like they're listening to music!  I'm sure the public would be shaking their heads at this, but I gotta just laugh this one off.  Yes, they're deep into the arrival phase, and yes, it's anything BUT a sterile cockpit, but they're having fun and getting the job done at the same time.  I'm sure this happens wayyyy more than just in this one example.

Thanks for the laugh.  Love the "it flies like a -700...only different".  Love how you can hear the autopilot disconnect ("Dive! Dive!") and the trim wheel spin, too.

Best one I've heard in a while...definitely better taste than the good ol' "Gringos Grannies and Grandes" clip from a year or two ago.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length