Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 09:27:00 PM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  TWA 800, per request
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWA 800, per request  (Read 24141 times)
joeyb747

Nothing Like A 747!

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »

However, a lesser heard theory I've come across is that it could possibly have been an exercise by our boys gone horribly wrong, and to save government face they would cover up any mention of it.

Are you referring to the U.S. Navy? The Navy's nearest ship was 75 miles away I believe when 800 went down. Also, as I stated in my post above, the Navy DID NOT fire off any missiles that night. That is one fact that is known to be true...

The first four minutes of this vid debunk several of the theories:

All three parts are pretty good.

Aircraft Mechanic
alltheway
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:48 AM »

Just my thought, but reading the #4 engine using a crazy amount of fuel, could have exploded, damaging the wing it is attached to, causing (in the blast) the wing to sweep backwards, where the entire wing crumbles the wingbox inbound from behind, then as I see the pictures in the media I see the airplane went into an excessive roll and ended upsidedown, during this excessive roll the front section of the airplane was detached by torque and went down, with the red part in the NTSB drawings cluttered of into smaller pieces.

What I would like to know is how (in what state) and if they have found the #4 engine itself.
All of the rest is just impact forces.

Again just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:52:57 AM by alltheway » Logged
iskyfly

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »

could the mods please move this to the discussion forum?
alltheway
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »

huh huh huh Now I wonder why? The first page has the audioclip, so it belongs here at the audio forum ?   huh huh huh
aa7ya

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 01:37:43 AM »

(Mods, if you feel this is in bad taste, feel free to delete.)

Okay.. Since there seems to be a number of people requesting it, I've gone through my set of CDs and pulled this out.

This here is the full audio of TWA800, from the pilot calling into ZBW Center, and before, during, and after.. well. you know. This is in WAV format (all that was available at the time), and I haven't tried to convert it to mp3 format.

Please use this for learning purposes only; with that, I also through in the transcript of the event.

One last thing.. unless your heart is made of stone, I would suggest listening to this prior to reading the September 2010 edition of Airways Magazine. When you see the topics in that edition, you'll know why.

Enjoy.

BL.

I can easily convert the .wav to an .mp3 file right now.
aa7ya

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 02:46:10 AM »

Attached is the .mp3 version of the .wav file.
dave
Site Founder
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 04:16:31 AM »

huh huh huh Now I wonder why? The first page has the audioclip, so it belongs here at the audio forum ?   huh huh huh

I am the moderator, and these discussions belong with the clip.
alltheway
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »

I am the moderator, and these discussions belong with the clip.

Good point  cheesy

But it leaves me with the question if they have found the #4 engine and what about that crazy fuelflow....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:37:36 PM by alltheway » Logged
kenadams

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 11:30:43 PM »

One last thing.. unless your heart is made of stone, I would suggest listening to this prior to reading the September 2010 edition of Airways Magazine. When you see the topics in that edition, you'll know why.

MLB's piece in that number of Airways was very moving. It prompted me to buy his book (Pushing Leaves toward the Sun), a terrific novel about survival's guilt.
Reptyle

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 02:00:42 AM »

Years ago I found a longer copy of the ATC communications, with extra audio before and after.  It had the same audio noise as this recording, but I ran a couple of noise filters on it so it's a lot cleaner.

Attached is that MP3, as well as the original file (in .ra format; that's how I found it) if anyone's interested.

I won't say "enjoy the recording" because that's the wrong word, but I hope others get as much out of it as I do.
joeyb747

Nothing Like A 747!

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »

Years ago I found a longer copy of the ATC communications, with extra audio before and after.  It had the same audio noise as this recording, but I ran a couple of noise filters on it so it's a lot cleaner.

Attached is that MP3, as well as the original file (in .ra format; that's how I found it) if anyone's interested.

I won't say "enjoy the recording" because that's the wrong word, but I hope others get as much out of it as I do.

Thanks for adding this...

At the 16:27 mark, the controller tries again to raise TWA 800, "TWA 800, Center..." and an aircraft (Eastwind B737, Callsign Stinger Bee 507 I think...they were the first to call it in...) responds "I think that was him..." 

There is only six seconds between the two transmissions but it feels like an eternity... cry
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:59:35 PM by joeyb747 » Logged

Aircraft Mechanic
bogg

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »

Thanks for adding this...

At the 16:27 mark, the controller tries again to raise TWA 800, "TWA 800, Center..." and an aircraft (Eastwind B737, Callsign Stinger Bee 507 I think...they were the first to call it in...) responds "I think that was him..." 

There is only six seconds between the two transmissions but it feels like an eternity... cry

Someone must be cutting onions around here. Thanks for the posting of this one.
Reptyle

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »

Thanks guys, I'm glad it's appreciated.

And just a note for any newbies (like me): you have to register for the forums and come back here to see and use the download links, but they're there.
joeyb747

Nothing Like A 747!

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »

Question...

Something I just noticed...

On Tyketto's file right off the bat and on Reptyle's Full ATC Comms recording, TWA 800 makes contact with the controller at the 5:25 mark...

"...TWA's ahhhhh... Lifeguard eight hundred Heavy, eight thousand two hundred, climbing one one thousand."  

Why would 800 make contact with the "Lifeguard" prefix? Isn't that usually used for an in-flight medical emergency to give the aircraft priority or for air ambulances, etc?  

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:57:45 AM by joeyb747 » Logged

Aircraft Mechanic
Robert Larson

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »

they were carrying corneas in a donor box in the cockpit. At the time there was initial speculation that a bomb could have been put on board this way but that was later disproved.

KRDU & KTTA http://d.liveatc.net/krdu2.m3u
Private Pilot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length