Author Topic: UAL925 smoke in cockpit and cabin, diverted to Dublin  (Read 10817 times)

Offline oktalist

UAL925 smoke in cockpit and cabin, diverted to Dublin
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
http://avherald.com/h?article=47ce3ef1

Lots of communications to/from the incident aircraft, emergency vehicles, and other aircraft in holds. Combined two feeds, cut dead air, but kept a few unrelated communications for context.

They were dumping fuel until established on the ILS runway 16. On final they changed their minds and requested the longer runway 10, so executed the missed and got vectored around for the ILS runway 10.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:14:57 PM by oktalist »

Offline AVB

Re: UAL925 smoke in cockpit and cabin, diverted to Dublin
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »
Hi,

How can we listen to the audio tracks I am not able to find a way.

Offline njf520

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:38:02 PM »
click on the attachment and it downloads to your computer.  then use whatever program you use for audio to listen to it.

Offline sflyer

Re: Re: UAL925 smoke in cockpit and cabin, diverted to Dublin
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »
http://avherald.com/h?article=47ce3ef1

Lots of communications to/from the incident aircraft, emergency vehicles, and other aircraft in holds. Combined two feeds, cut dead air, but kept a few unrelated communications for context.

They were dumping fuel until established on the ILS runway 16. On final they changed their minds and requested the longer runway 10, so executed the missed and got vectored around for the ILS runway 10.

Offline arcinglight

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm new here, so I feel the need to ask: is the quality of the clip indicative of the exact quality of radio communications b/w air and ground? I can hardly make out half the stuff they're saying!

Offline martyj19

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »
I'm new here, so I feel the need to ask: is the quality of the clip indicative of the exact quality of radio communications b/w air and ground? I can hardly make out half the stuff they're saying!

It gets easier with practice.  The antenna isn't necessarily ideally positioned, so the quality may not be exactly what you would hear when you are airborne, but on average it's fairly close.  I'm not having much trouble understanding what is said.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:12:30 PM by martyj19 »