Author Topic: woman misses flight in hong kong  (Read 15906 times)

Offline bogman

woman misses flight in hong kong
« on: March 13, 2009, 01:41:40 AM »
This is some reaction to missing your flight.

http://http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0305/cathaypacific.html

Offline chefnoel

Re: woman misses flight in hong kong
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
It would be great if someone could provide a translation of what she was saying !

Offline bphendri

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »
It would be great if someone could provide a translation of what she was saying !

I couldn't resist...

Offline SJ30

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
We never know what other people are dealing with in their lives or what causes them to behave in ways that we might think are strange, bizarre or inappropriate.  This woman might have been taking care of a sick mother who was just told by a doctor that she had no more than a week to live.  Maybe this woman was tied up in traffic and desperately wanted to be with her mother en route to "X" so that the family could be together for what was supposed to be the last days in the life of someone they loved dearly.

We just never know the circumstances.  There could be a very valid reason for this behavior.  I'm taking care of a sick mother right now and if something or someone separated me from her at the very time when she needed me the most to be there for her, I'd do a whole lot more than just fall out on the floor.  I'd more than likely put some else on that floor with me.

Offline SJ30

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:22:14 PM »
Let me also say that if there are no exigent circumstances for this woman, then this most certainly classifies as one of the most hilarious "Ooops, I missed my flight" youtube videos that I've ever seen.

But, ONLY if she has no good reason for this.  If she has a good reason for this, then I fully understand and offer a pass on tantrum.

I don't know what it is about airports that causes some people to shift in their routine demeanor.  Has anyone ever studied that?  Maybe Stanford University's Psych Department?  I hear they have a good one.  I would find it hard to believe that "airport behavior" has not yet been studied.  Anybody got a link?

Offline flygirltammy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »

I couldn't resist...

OMG!!!! That was funny. I almost peed a little laughing so hard at the "translation". Oh, jeez. I gotta replay that....

Offline flygirltammy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »
Let me also say that if there are no exigent circumstances for this woman, then this most certainly classifies as one of the most hilarious "Ooops, I missed my flight" youtube videos that I've ever seen.

But, ONLY if she has no good reason for this.  If she has a good reason for this, then I fully understand and offer a pass on tantrum.

I don't know what it is about airports that causes some people to shift in their routine demeanor.  Has anyone ever studied that?  Maybe Stanford University's Psych Department?  I hear they have a good one.  I would find it hard to believe that "airport behavior" has not yet been studied.  Anybody got a link?

That's a good question about "airport behavior". I have worked in the airline industry in various sides now and it never ceases to amaze me. I don't know if it's just that I am used to what goes on or if some people just lose all common sense  and decency when stepping into an airport. One of the airlines that I worked for was regional (USA), and I have had crew members tell me stories about how the passengers act like they are going to Europe with the bin space, demands, etc. I am sure there is a plethora of stories of bad behavior that crew members can offer.

The only theory I have is that if they are not seasoned travellers, the lack of control or knowledge about all of this makes them anxious or easily upset when something unexpected comes up.

Just last week I was behind a lady at the security checkpoint who absolutely refused to take off her precious jewelry for half a minute to go through the metal detector. She didn't even want to put it in the little tray and was very upset until security came over. 20 seconds later she had her jewelry back on.

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:20:19 AM »
In the airline industry, we have a little saying.

At checkin, passengers "Check their bags and check their brains"

Offline bphendri

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:24 AM »

.  There could be a very valid reason for this behavior. 

There is NEVER a valid reason for that type of behavior from an adult!!!!

Offline bphendri

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:49:27 AM »
Here is a more "Accurate" translation

The translation puts it more into context, as you realize she is actually yelling at her husband/boyfriend.

Nice guy to stand there and take that.

Offline mhawke

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »
When I travel through O-hare, I ussually try to find the large gates where the 747's and 777's leave from.  If you happen to walk up as they are boarding, it makes for a great place to find a quiet corner.

Anyways, last time in O'Hare, I watched two people walk up (as the plane was pushed back) pounding on the gate door until the gate agetn walked over and asked what they were doing.  They were obviously well infused with alchohol, and started explaing that they were suppose to be on the flight.  The gate agent explain that it was too late (in background imagine engines started and 747 to Honk Kong taxi's away).

They could not believe that the airline had not made an announcement at the bar that it was time for the flight to leave....

As a seasoned travler, I am never amazed anymore at the things I see in airports and at security.  I won't say it is just non-seasoned travelers either.  I would say say that generally business travelers are calmer if they travel alot, because we have all come to realize, there is nothing that us or the ticket agent for that matter can do about the storm rolling through someother airport.

But it would be nice if they didn't keep losing my luggage on non-stop flights (lol)...