Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 05:50:27 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: LiveATC.net Flyers Released!  Please click here to download & print a copy and be sure to post at an airport near you!

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Aviation Audio Clips (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  ZID controller change - stuck mike
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ZID controller change - stuck mike  (Read 5239 times)
IndyTower

« on: March 10, 2006, 11:35:25 PM »

I had 3 ZID high altitude sectors on the IND feed for a while tonight (Fri Mar 19, 2005).  One of them had a stuck mike during a controller change for about 20 seconds.  I can't make out everything the controller is saying, but I found it interesting.  The woman you hear near the end is the controller who was taking over. 

Matt
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:24:20 PM by IndyTower » Logged
PHL Approach

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 11:49:18 PM »

Never heard a change quite like that. I heard "ground aids" and a few other obvious things like "radio line" or something. It almost sounds like a checklist, though I've never heard that in a Tracon or Tower. Thanks for the clip Matt, I love those "Stuck mic/coordination" type clips.
Jay

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 01:03:24 AM »

the guys says "He's negative RVSM, don't take him(it)", USPLC or some like, in the background someone says "keep talking baby", blah blah starts at the line cuz it always is (did?)
Pygmie

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:28:03 PM »

Yep, it's a checklist that happens when controllers are changing for breaks etc.  Consists of going through things like traffic conflictions, who you're talking to, who's been switched, ride reports, equip. status, navaid status, other issues, etc.

And at the start you can hear him say "...on the ground, no navaids are broke, (inaudible)...flow control" then he goes on to list of all the equipment, and you can hear him say " ...computer's ok, radar flow is good ..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length