Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines reports ATC loses contact with MAS370, WMKK-ZBAA  (Read 261035 times)

Online tyketto

Re: Malaysia Airlines reports ATC loses contact with MAS370, WMKK-ZBAA
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2014, 01:04:59 PM »
Yeah, sorry, I only just came across that article today...here is the latest news that I could find.  It supports what you said about the search area being moved and based the move on new radar data analysis...

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2014/03/malaysia-flight-370-latest-radar-data-sends-searchers-700-miles-north/

I wish they would provide a map or something comparing where they were originally looking in the S. Indian Ocean versus where they are looking now. My guess is that depending on winds and currents, all of that could push east, bringing it closer to Perth. The way things are going, some of it (albeit in the next 5 - 1000 years) could find itself washing ashore somewhere Fremantle and Darwin. who knows?

BL.

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
I wish they would provide a map or something comparing where they were originally looking in the S. Indian Ocean versus where they are looking now.

These maps are all over the web.

Online tyketto

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
I wish they would provide a map or something comparing where they were originally looking in the S. Indian Ocean versus where they are looking now.

These maps are all over the web.

That's my point. As a journalist, you are supposed to be accurate with the information you are writing/reporting. Without any of that, and others putting up their own information which goes off of other speculations, your report isn't accurate or could be suspect. Hence all of the conspiracy theories going around.

BL.

Offline JohnN

• KBLM, KWRI, KNEL, 3N6, N12, ZNY
    • Monmouth County Weather
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »
Malaysia is now saying that the final words from MAS370 were NOT "All right, good night" but were in fact "Good night, Malaysia 370." What took them so long to figure this out, and where did "All right, good night" come from? What else is Malaysia lying about? Where are the ATC transcripts, and where are the ATC recordings? What is Malaysia hiding?

Offline N/A

« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »
-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 03:25:01 PM by None. »

Offline jvnanu

« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2014, 09:48:51 AM »
where did "All right, good night" come from?

Yeah... this brings doubt to the credibility of anything else reported. How do you mess this up? It's a question of fact. They either said one thing, or not. It's a clear tape. How do you hear something that wasn't said? Did they make it up??

Offline Rick108

« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2014, 10:02:03 AM »
where did "All right, good night" come from?

Yeah... this brings doubt to the credibility of anything else reported. How do you mess this up? It's a question of fact. They either said one thing, or not. It's a clear tape. How do you hear something that wasn't said? Did they make it up??
I wonder if it is a language translation issue?  This handoff, and/or the pilot's response, may not have been in English, so maybe we're getting some loose translation of some slang phrase.  (For example, I wonder how "c ya" would translate if that were being reported in the Chinese press?)  It would help if they just made the recording public.

Offline jvnanu

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:38 AM »
I wonder if it is a language translation issue?  This handoff, and/or the pilot's response, may not have been in English, so maybe we're getting some loose translation of some slang phrase.  (For example, I wonder how "c ya" would translate if that were being reported in the Chinese press?)  It would help if they just made the recording public.

That's a good point. I didn't think that the communication might not have been in English.

Offline JohnN

« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2014, 10:38:31 AM »
But even if the communication wasn't English, they still should have been able to realize that the words "Malaysian 370" were included in the transmission, I would think.

Offline martyj19

« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
The carrier has released an audio transcript.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/Audio%20Transcript_MH370%20Pilot-ATC_BIT.pdf

For verification, the link is found on this page.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

I have, of course, no idea what process the carrier used to arrive at this transcript.  In a normal crash investigation, it would be done by the government agency investigating the crash and released as part of that investigation.

Offline RonR

Offline JohnN

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »
China is saying that one of their ships may have detected a signal from the FDR beacon. I wonder if this will turn out to be another dead end.

Offline blakepilot

• KDAL LiveATC
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »
China is saying that one of their ships may have detected a signal from the FDR beacon. I wonder if this will turn out to be another dead end.
China's state-run news agency has been about as reliable as the Malaysian government.

Online tyketto

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
China's state-run news agency has been about as reliable as the Malaysian government.

The Aussies have also confirmed what the Chinese have stated. They are looking in the same area as well.

BL.

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
The only problem is that the pings were heard from two locations about 375 miles apart

Offline nick-mel

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
I read on one of the news feeds that the Chinese vessel also had a pinger of its own on board.
Speculation is that they heard the one on board.
Their "detector" was a hand held device on the end of a pole held over the side of the ship with some iPod like earphones.

I think I'll take the towed sensor array results from the AUS/US combined equipment thanks.
Reports from the Australian ship are two separate pings heard, one for several hours, one for several minutes.
However they have apparently not been able to reacquire the pings as yet.

Water depth at the location was 4500metres (~14,000ft) which is a very long way down to find a couple of boxes smaller than a piece of carry on luggage.

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »
Yeah, that video of the Chinese strapping a transducer to a broomstick and putting it over the side of a Zodiac did not impress me, nor does that sick green paint they use in their aircraft cockpits (and just about any other machinery they make). I'll stick with the yellow stingray towed behind that Ocean Shield ship that looks like it should capsize in a stiff breeze...

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2014, 05:09:42 PM »
That's because the suicidal, evil genius pilot managed to ditch the aircraft and sink it in the deepest possible waters largely intact.

Offline N/A

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »
-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 03:21:24 PM by None. »

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2014, 08:32:28 PM »
I think what we will eventually see out of this is first, a totally independent GPS position reporting system via ACARS that is independently powered (solar panel and/or RAT) that cannot be disabled without climbing on top of the aircraft and opening an access panel, and if the problem occurs again a way of bypassing the cockpit altogether and remotely piloting the aircraft just as if it were a drone. At the very least you would have a FMS that takes over whenever the flight deviates significantly from a plan loaded via ACARS. The pilots are in the best position to assess each other due to their long hours working closely together and are going to have to get their shit together when it comes to ratting on each other, perhaps by means of an anonymous feedback/evaluation system of some sort, or else they are going to lose their jobs to automation and drone operators on the ground.

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
Re: Re: Malaysia Airlines reports ATC loses contact with MAS370, WMKK-ZBAA
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »
Interesting, or another false lead?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-georesonance-wreckage-of-a-commercial-airliner-found/

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:11 AM »
That Pavel Kursa is a con man from Ukraine. The story, the company's ( GeoResonance ) claim to be able to use magnetic resonance imaging, presumably somehow projected from a satellite (formerly secret Soviet military technology only they have access to) as well as nineteen other undisclosed technologies (doubtless including a TriCorder and talking computer that says, "Working...") analyzed by a "team" of unnamed scientists to detect copper wiring or ceramic engine components 600' underwater from space with resolution apparently better than the optical resolution of geo-survey satellites is so absurd that I cannot stop the belly laughing. It took years of development and magnetic field strengths of 1T along with kilowatts of induced gradient and RF fields at a distance of a foot or so just to be able to align the spin axis of hydrogen atoms in your body and get the sub-millimeter resolution to peer into your body with an MRI scanner, so achieving an equivalent order of magnitude or two better resolution from space with a secret satellite is a joke and a half. They also claimed to have located a sunken WW2 hospital ship (Armenia) in the Black Sea back in 2005... but that wreck has not in fact been found. As with most of these types of operators, their claims of past applications or success are far flung in remote places about the globe (Congo, etc) and impossible to validate, the few identifiable "customers" such as Mr. Pope always seeming to be partners in their adventures. Just a couple scammers, most likely pushing a Pink Sheet stock and trying to cash in on the misery of others.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:08:04 AM by InterpreDemon »

Offline Chadan

• Boone Airport
Re: Re: Malaysia Airlines reports ATC loses contact with MAS370, WMKK-ZBAA
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »
Wow. Now /that/ is interesting. Thanks ID!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2