Author Topic: Air Traffic Controllers Can Listen to Radio Overnight  (Read 24017 times)

Offline captkel

Air Traffic Controllers Can Listen to Radio Overnight
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »
check out the PDF      http://www.rwonline.com/article/air-traffic-controllers-can-listen-to-radio-overnight-/23852

Section 11. The Parties agree that between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM radios
and appropriate printed reading material will be permitted in operational areas, as traffic
permits.

No FM stereo or X rated magazines :-o

Offline sykocus

Re: Air Traffic Controllers Can Listen to Radio Overnight
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »
not sure if you were joking or not, but the "AM" goes with the time. 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM

Offline NoMad

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
Section 11. The Parties agree that between the hours of 10:00PM and 6:00AM, radios
and appropriate printed reading material will be permitted in operational areas, as traffic
permits.

There, fixed it so you're not confused anymore.

Offline VictorK

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:42:41 PM »
The only thing scarier than the FAA doing business as usual is when they do something that actually makes sense. It makes you wonder what they're up to...

Offline 1053857

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
Its funny that people still think that the FAA is the safest authority out there...

Controllers falling asleep etc. etc. etc. etc. Now this...

The FAA is definately one of the safest, but THE safest? All I have to say is lol

Offline NoMad

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:04:45 AM »
Its funny that people still think that the FAA is the safest authority out there...

Controllers falling asleep etc. etc. etc. etc. Now this...

The FAA is definately one of the safest, but THE safest? All I have to say is lol

I trust them a lot more than I would trust you sitting behind you computer criticizing something you would be totally incapable of handling.  If you think you know so much better, please enlighten us all.  Do tell.

Offline 1053857

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
I knew someone would be personally offended (for some weird reason)

After all, you do trust them sitting listening to the radio, but not me behind my computer? Comes down to the same thing, well actually, it doesn't. At least by typing, I'm working out my finger muscles, whilst sitting listening to the radio, I'm...doing nothing, except maybe fallign asleep (The FAA's specialty I might add)

Anyway, you can believe what you want, but to say that the FAA is the safest aviation authority out there would be a lie. I'm not saying that the FAA is CRAP, because that too is a lie, but the safest? No. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:15:12 PM by 1053857 »

Offline NoMad

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
You have absolutely no basis for any of your incompetent babble.   All you are able to cite as evidence is "etc etc etc".  Until you're able to compose an intelligent thought on the matter, I suggest you stick to criticizing things you have a clue about.  Clearly this is not one of them.

Offline Robert Larson

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
I wonder if any controllers would listen to LiveATC.net in their downtime. ??? :)