Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 02:45:43 AM
Home Help Login Register      
News: NEW Follow LiveATC updates on Twitter and Facebook

+  LiveATC Discussion Forums
|-+  Air Traffic Monitoring
| |-+  Feed Outage/Status Reports (Moderators: dave, RonR)
| | |-+  Audio choppy. Scanner issue, antenna, or software issue?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audio choppy. Scanner issue, antenna, or software issue?  (Read 1420 times)
Chadan

« on: October 03, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »

The audio feed for my station sounds really poor. This coincided with moving my scanner, repositioning the antenna, and upgrading the operating system from 10.04 to 12.04 so I'm not sure what might have caused it. It doesn't happen all the time, but sure happens a lot. I'm trying to attach the file - will see if I can do it after posting...

Moved to: http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/audio-choppy-scanner-issue-antenna-or-software-issue-t10334/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:45:58 PM by Chadan » Logged

Feed provider for KBNW out of Boone, Iowa on 123.0. Also catching chatter from nearby airports: KAMW (122.7), KIKV (122.9) and the Aviation Guard channel (121.5)
datainmotion

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »

My un-trained ear is going to have to go with loose or bad audio connection. The signal level "sounds" good (i.e. - little noise), so if it were me, I'd start checking audio connectors/cables and even the female connector on the scanner.

Hope that helps...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length