Author Topic: EIDW will be down  (Read 33113 times)

Offline baw676

Re: EIDW will be down
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 06:43:45 AM »
There are at least 4 Transmitter sites around the country for Shannon's transmissions.

Dublin also transmits at times from Rosslare it is selectable or you can have it on Voting so it will pick up the strongest signal from the aircraft and use that Tx.

You will not pick up ground transmissions over such a long distance as FM transmission are LOS Line Of Sight and generally do not follow the curvature of the earth.

Offline m50

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »
Yes  I know of  Woodcock..Gabriel.....Truskmore.....and Doon Carton..but even in the best weather conditions and useing a multi element Yagi
......no results...M50

Offline Shannon_App_121.40

• http://www.shannonairportenthusiasts.net
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 06:06:52 AM »
I live right next to the Woodcock transmitter  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline m50

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »
Yes indeed  !!  and you can see the great results in the super EINN feed...which I look forward to hearing  back on air soon...as EIDW will be down for a month  at the end of May while I am on the other side of the pond  ...M50

Offline FrequencyDB

• FrequencyDB.com
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »

Hi m50,

I was wondering if you could help me,or any other  person out there.
I have a hand held scanner, Uniden  UBC92XLT, WHICH I STUPILY DROPPED on to the floor.It is now broken :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

When I turn it on it comes on and works for about 5-10 seconds,then the sound goes.The frequences are still displayed and stop when the frequencey is used but I can not hear it.

I thought it might be the recharageable battries but no cause when I put in alkaline battries  the same thing happens,also when I plug in the mains.

I must have rang every electronic shop and repair service , here in Cork, to see if they could repair it,but no luck.

One Shop said I might have a problem with the speaker ,but I dont know.

Do you or anyone else know of a place here in Ireland so I can get my sacnner repaired,I wll post it to them no problem,but will ring them first to see if can fix it.
Im going cold turkey without it at the moment and it is not nice,Im BORED.

Hope you can help and thanking you in advance,

BOGMAN

I believe Microwave on the FrequencyDB.com forums should be able to repair your scanner. Drop him a line.

Offline baw676

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
Due to the similarity with one of Shannon's freqs Dublin South is now on 126.250. :mrgreen:

Offline cliste

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 06:08:25 PM »
M50,

Will you be back online in June or will it be next month ?.

I'm in Dublin 16 so scanner reception not sufficient to set up alternate site when you are offline what a pity !

Really miss the service you provide.

Regards,

cliste

Offline m50

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 10:34:11 AM »
I am across the pond at the momemt...will be flying back to Ireland on June 20th..so all being well I should be back on air sometime on 21st...M50