Author Topic: KBOS - Boston feeds down  (Read 16381 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
KBOS - Boston feeds down
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
Network trouble...should be back tomorrow.

Offline flaps

Re: KBOS - Boston feeds down
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:41:23 AM »
:-( :-( :-(
please... do your best to fix it !
I just can't live w/ou listening to BOS facilities... :-(

thanks dude :-) :-)

Offline mikepilot56

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »
:-( :-( :-(
please... do your best to fix it !
I just can't live w/ou listening to BOS facilities... :-(

thanks dude :-) :-)

yeah, what he said!!!

Thanks

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 02:49:15 PM »
Something is wrong with one of the feeds - somehow audio got switched between at least 2 feeds...no time to check right now but if someone could tell me which ones are messed up that will help me.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:12:27 PM »
There is an issue with the zbw_dj (ZBW High Alt Atlantic) feed - the radio has apparently switched to a different bank of frequencies...will be back there this weekend and will fix this.

dave

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:53:50 AM »
There is an issue with the zbw_dj (ZBW High Alt Atlantic) feed - the radio has apparently switched to a different bank of frequencies...will be back there this weekend and will fix this.

Just a friendly reminder to add in 118.425 please, thank you. The radio should be scanning these frequencies only:

With the delay function turned OFF on all frequencies. Thanks.

DJ

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »

Just a friendly reminder to add in 118.425 please, thank you. The radio should be scanning these frequencies only:

With the delay function turned OFF on all frequencies. Thanks.

DJ

118.425 is also on the zbw_high feed.  It is on the zbw_dj feed as well but right now that scanner has hopped onto the wrong scanning bank.  I am stopping there today on my way to Boston.  Unfortunately, that model scanner has turned out to be completely flaky - for example, when there is a power failure and power comes back, the scanner stays powered off.  That is the last time I put a handheld into any of my feed installations.  :-)

Dave

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »
dave,

The ZBW Atlantic feed sounds like the frequencies are back to normal now, thanks.

118.425 is also on the zbw_high feed.

I see you have a lot of the same frequencies on the ZBW Atlantic feed as you do on the ZBW High/East. A lot of those High/East frequencies get very busy and with all those frequencies it gets hard to follow what is going on. Why have two radios scanning the same frequencies ? Seems like a waste of resources to me. It would seem to me to make more sense to just have the ZBW High/East scanning 118.825, 128.325, 135.325, 125.575, as the others are already on the ZBW Atlantic feed (except 128.050 and 124.525). You also have overlap between the High/East and Low/East. Just my opinion. DJ

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 09:33:52 PM »
dave,

The ZBW Atlantic feed sounds like the frequencies are back to normal now, thanks.

118.425 is also on the zbw_high feed.

I see you have a lot of the same frequencies on the ZBW Atlantic feed as you do on the ZBW High/East. A lot of those High/East frequencies get very busy and with all those frequencies it gets hard to follow what is going on. Why have two radios scanning the same frequencies ? Seems like a waste of resources to me. It would seem to me to make more sense to just have the ZBW High/East scanning 118.825, 128.325, 135.325, 125.575, as the others are already on the ZBW Atlantic feed (except 128.050 and 124.525). You also have overlap between the High/East and Low/East. Just my opinion. DJ

Yeah...the overlap is more for redundancy since that handheld scanner on zbw_dj was proving to be pretty unreliable.  I can lock out the overlapping ones next time I'm at the ZBW High/East receive site.

Without being able to hear the controllers, it's pretty hard to figure out what's going on anyway.  :)  But it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Dave

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 10:53:46 PM »
I can lock out the overlapping ones next time I'm at the ZBW High/East receive site.

That would be helpful, thanks.

Without being able to hear the controllers, it's pretty hard to figure out what's going on anyway.

Clearances are read back (or should be) by the pilots so there is no need to be able hear the controller to get the traffic picture, add a good flight tracking site and you can get very good situational awareness of the sector you are listening too without being able to hear any controllers. That is provided you are not trying to listen to too many busy sectors at once. DJ

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 08:27:15 AM »
An update on the ZBW Atlantic feed, listening this morning there is a lot of interference on this radio, intermittently opening the squelch sometimes for a few minutes at a time. Either the squelch is set to low or the interference is quite bad. The reception at this location does not appear to be as good with this radio at this location as your other ZBW feeds. As I type this the radio is stuck on this interference and not scanning anything. DJ

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
The ZBW Atlantic feeds sounds a lot better now, good reception and not as much interference (different radio?), anyway thanks if you did something to it. DJ