Author Topic: KJFK - Out of town  (Read 23525 times)

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
KJFK - Out of town
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:38 AM »
Will be out of town until tuesday, there have been some problems with my router so it might go down. I hope not, but just giving everyone a heads up.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
Re: KJFK - Out of town
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:45:27 PM »
Im back, any problems let me know.

Offline airdale39

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:18:06 AM »
Hi,
   Welcome back. Have you been informed of the "static like" reception that the JFK tower link is having.
    I live in Sacramento and have been hearing it for awhile, as have other posters on this site.
     I will say this though, you have a great site here, and its interesting listening to all the ATC venues you have.
                   Thanks    Ron

Offline Aaron5185

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:24:07 AM »
I live near Dallas and am currently listening to JFK tower. I too am hearing static between transmissions.
 -Aaron

Offline soffs

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
Yep, that noise is still there in the JFK Tower feed.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 06:17:11 PM »
Im listening now to see whats going on. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I usually listen to my scanner instead of the stream.

Offline airdale39

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 02:12:30 AM »
Lezam,
     The RF static that is being heard on the JFK frequency is definately Morse Code, I am a former amateur radio operator, and although I have long since forgotten my Morse Code, I do remember the Tempo that it useto have, and I'm sure that if someone who is more capable than I am, listens to it, they will be able to confirm what I'm saying, and somehow get the operators callsign which will help in tracking this problem.
     It is probably a frequency that someone is using for CW wrongfully, because the closest frequency to JFK in the Ham Bands is the 2 meter band.
     I hope you can find and correct the source, as it is a nuisance to keep hearing  it, especially on the most popular link.
     Thanks for trying to correct this.

Offline KB6HLM

• KB6HLM
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »
Lezam,
     The RF static that is being heard on the JFK frequency is definately Morse Code, I am a former amateur radio operator, and although I have long since forgotten my Morse Code, I do remember the Tempo that it useto have, and I'm sure that if someone who is more capable than I am, listens to it, they will be able to confirm what I'm saying, and somehow get the operators callsign which will help in tracking this problem.
     It is probably a frequency that someone is using for CW wrongfully, because the closest frequency to JFK in the Ham Bands is the 2 meter band.
     I hope you can find and correct the source, as it is a nuisance to keep hearing  it, especially on the most popular link.
     Thanks for trying to correct this.

being a former "amateur radio operator" you should know that this is obviously not Morse Code on (KJFK) it's most likely caused by a nearby FM transmitter and from the sound of it a small adjustment of the squelch should take care of it

However on (KLGA) sounds like some sort of computer mode but again definately not Morse Code

Sorry to hear about the loss of your license  :-(

Good Night and 73s
Glenn KB6HLM Las Vegas, NV

Voice contact on The US Amateur Radio Bands 10m to 80m 2m 1.25m 70cm all modes
Rig-Kenwood 440SAT
Antenna ALPHA DELTA DX-LB Plus Height 45ft above Ground
Power-850 Watts
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:28:16 AM by KB6HLM »

Offline airdale39

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »
Thank you Glenn for pointing that out, I never thought of it that way, but it surely should be an easy fix.
   Bye the way, I didn't lose my license, I still have it, I'm only disabled and cannot operate like I did, but it would be nice to be able to again.

73's  Ron

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »
Alright guys, im going to run it by the management again. Im going to take a while and listen to the feed over the weekend, and check out whats going on.

I spoke with management yesterday, and we discussed the problem in depth. It seems that there is radio interference with the feed, but it isnt easily fixed. Glenn, I am going to check out the squelch and try playing around with it. Maybe that would be a quick fix to the problem.

Regarding the LGA feed, im going to put that on the backburner for now. The main priority is to get rid of the static in the JFK feed, and the solution will hopefully fix the LGA feed as well.

Ron, thanks for pointing it out to me and I am going to try to get it going 100% with no static or annoying sound. Give me a little time to get it in order, hopefully I will be able to get it perfect by sunday.

-Elliot

Offline airdale39

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 01:18:52 AM »
Elliot,
       Just thought I'd tell you that I am not hearing the problem anymore, it is clear as a bell now.
       Thank you very much for your quick attention and resolution of the problem, I was wondering if you could tell us what was wrong.
       This is an exceptional site for ATC listening, and I am happy to donate to it.
                              Ron

Offline airdale39

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:21:08 AM »
Midnight in Sacramento and I spoke too soon, the noise is back. But at least we know it can be eliminated.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »
Ron, check your private messages.

I actually didnt play around with it yet  :?

Offline airdale39

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »
   I responded offline regarding this. I am now at this time 2:00PM California time listening to JFK, and it again is clear as a bell.
   I will check again tonight after midnight to see if it returns. You can contact me anytime for help in tracking this if I can.
                                 Ron

Offline airdale39

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
4:20PM Static back again.

Offline At-Tair

• C-130
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »
Lot of static on my end

Offline soffs

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
It's been down all day, and most of last night as well, I think. Any idea why?

Just curious. (There are so many other feeds after all ;) )

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 01:16:46 AM »
Was a local network issue. I've been configuring and rewiring things around the house for the past couple of days, but I'm done so there shouldnt be any more outages.