airtraffic

Author Topic: KLAS Expanding  (Read 18967 times)

Offline Scotty

• Uses Icom Commercial Receivers
KLAS Expanding
« on: February 01, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »
KLAS is currently being covered with the primary tower frequency (119.90).  I'm working with Dave to provide all the other great freq's in the Vegas airspace ASAP.  Glad to be a part of this great system!  Scotty

Offline tyketto

Re: KLAS Expanding
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
KLAS is currently being covered with the primary tower frequency (119.90).  I'm working with Dave to provide all the other great freq's in the Vegas airspace ASAP.  Glad to be a part of this great system!  Scotty

Need the frequencies for Vegas? here you go!

From AirNav:

ATIS: 132.4
Clearance Delivery: 118.0
Ramp Control (Int'l terminal, A, B, C gates): 124.4, 129.17
Ramp Control (D gates): 127.9
Ground (East of 19L): 121.1
Ground (West of 19L): 121.9
Tower (25s and 7s): 119.9
Tower: (19s and 1s) 118.75
Tower: (Helicopter): 123.82

The following are from their SOP:

Approach:
Final: 135.0 (final arrivals into 25L/R)
Satellite: 119.4 (Covers arrivals into 19L/R), approaches into VGT, and helicopter service)
Canyon: 118.4 (Covers prop departures out of KLAS, and arrivals/departures from KHND)
Granite: 125.02 (Covers FUZZY/SUNST arrivals from the northwest; hands off to Final for 25L/R)
Lake: 125.6 (Covers TYSSN/KADDY arrivals from the southeast, coming from Lake Mead; hands off to Final)
Keno: 120.45 (Backup for Satellite; handles prop arrivals over the MEAD intersection; hands off to Satellite. isn't used much anymore)

Departure:
Mead: 133.95 (Handles STAAV, V394, EG&G (read: Janet) FIDOE departures requesting VFR climb, and VGT departures)
Dagget: 125.9 (Handles BOACH, LAS, TRALR, SHEAD, PRFUM, COWBY, MCCRN, and HOOVR departures, and VFR routing into VGT)

That should do it. Need any more, let me know.

BL.

Offline Scotty

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:22 PM »
Thanks for all the frequency info.  We are working to get all the necessary equipment up and running for this expansion as soon as possible.  73, Scotty.

Offline pilotincmnd1

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
If I'm not mistaken LA Center also has a few frequencies that have a transmitter site right there in the KLAS area as well, though it looks like someone has loaded you up with a lot of local frequencies already.

Offline KB6HLM

• KB6HLM
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:05:13 PM »
FYI

If and when I get my gear set up at the new house I should be able to take some of the load off by splitting some of the frequency's up

So with Scotty's help it looks like we may have that supper KLAS feed after all!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 03:47:51 AM »
If I'm not mistaken LA Center also has a few frequencies that have a transmitter site right there in the KLAS area as well, though it looks like someone has loaded you up with a lot of local frequencies already.

Good call! Those were the ones I forgot! The LA Center RCAGS are at Mt. Potosi, Nelson, and Peach Springs, and Barstow, all of which would be out of range of a simple handheld scanner. But attached to a decent antenna or J-pole, you should be able to pick up. With that in mind, I am only including the Low sector frequencies as most of the high ones will be overflying the L30 TRACON area anyway.

ZLA Center (Low):

134.65: Barstow Low (ZLA Sector 6). This handles departures and arrivals to/from the SoCal basin, FL280 and below.
124.62: Mt. Potosi Low and High (ZLA Sector 16). This handles departures/arrivals from the northwest/NorCal/ZOA, FL190 to FL600.
124.2: Cedar City Low (ZLA Sector 7). This handles departures/arrivals from the northeast, from ZDV and ZLC, FL240 and below (I believe that altitude is right; don't quote me on that).
124.85: Nelson Low (ZLA Sector 8). Handles departures to the southeast, to the Grand Canyon/Phoenix/ZAB area, FL260 and below.

All of these and more for ZLA are available at FreqofNature.

BL.

Offline Scotty

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »
Now streaming both tower freq's.  Approach and departure coming soon.  73, Scotty  K7MIX

Offline Scotty

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 04:37:17 PM »
KLAS is now covering both primary tower frequencies.  119.90 and 118.75.  A second feed is now being sent to Dave covering all major approach and departure freq's. The antenna on that receiver is temporary, until the weather clears. Signals will get much better! Look for Dave to throw the switch :-D.
Scotty
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:40:56 PM by Scotty »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »
The Approach feed is up...we also have another LAS feed going live from someone up in North Las Vegas.  Over the next few weeks we will work on splitting and possibly adding the LA Center frequencies.

Dave

Offline tyketto

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
The Approach feed is up...we also have another LAS feed going live from someone up in North Las Vegas.  Over the next few weeks we will work on splitting and possibly adding the LA Center frequencies.

Dave

Nice!

And with this, the entire Commercial/General Las Vegas Valley is covered. Unless one of the antennas is higher than Black Mountain, there is no real reason to cover the CTAF at KBVU. VGT is covered, LAS is covered, HND is covered. If need be (read: Red Flag), LSV could be covered.

This is absolutely wonderful news! Thanks, Dave!

BL.

Offline Scotty

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »
****KLAS UPDATE****  Approach now on ΒΌ ground plane.  Improved signals now.  Weather permitting; both tower and approach will be operating off of a Sinclair 5dB commercial aviation antenna by weeks end.  All signals will be great!  Happy listening.
Scotty.  K7MIX  :-D

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
Awesome Scotty!

Offline highflyyer

• Youtube
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »
Thanks a lot Scotty! You're great. :-P

Offline WEStJet91DL

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 08:52:32 PM »
You guys are awesome! i was wondering about 132.4, the ATIS? will it be broadcast at all?

Offline tyketto

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 09:56:20 PM »
You guys are awesome! i was wondering about 132.4, the ATIS? will it be broadcast at all?

I'm not sure if the ATIS will be worth it. It completely depends on the wind and the velocity of the wind to determine runway configuration. As there are 6 of them, with #1 and #3 used the most (save the summer), it's easier to call the ATIS.

BL.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »

I'm not sure if the ATIS will be worth it. It completely depends on the wind and the velocity of the wind to determine runway configuration. As there are 6 of them, with #1 and #3 used the most (save the summer), it's easier to call the ATIS.

BL.

We generally do not broadcast ATIS, especially for airports where the ATIS or AWOS can be called via telephone.  If a volunteer really wants to do it, we carry it, no problem.

Offline WEStJet91DL

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 03:26:06 AM »

BL.

Oh, my. I didn't even know I could call LAS' ATIS. Thanks for the tip.  :-D
We generally do not broadcast ATIS, especially for airports where the ATIS or AWOS can be called via telephone.  If a volunteer really wants to do it, we carry it, no problem.