Author Topic: KLAX  (Read 22675 times)

Offline athaker

KLAX
« on: September 18, 2007, 12:01:19 PM »
I see that the newly sprouted KLAX feed is down.

I'm out of town, but I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with the computer software and not the feed.  Something similar happened to me last week. So I'll have my roommate back at home try to restart the computer sometime today. 

When I'm home next Wednesday i'll be able to more closely monitor the issue.  Thanks for the patience.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
Re: KLAX
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »
Are you using OddATC? Let us know what happens  :-D

Offline athaker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »
Yessir, Odd ATC.  I saw in the feeders forum that some of you guys have seen some funny things.  The first night I had the feed up and I sent for Dave to listen to it, it went down.  The next morning, I found this:

OddATC was running, the scanning equipment was working properly, and the program was registering the incoming sounds (the audio bar moving with the radio traffic).  The transfer rate column said "disconnected," so I tried to reset the stream.  But when I clicked the "disconnect" button, nothing happened.  The program in general would not respond to anything.  I couldn't make it reconnect.  Only after a complete system reboot did everything work again.  Went fine for about 4 days before it went down again.

And yes, it's a Windows 2000 machine too.  I've turned off every other program and anything else that could flummux the machine.

I'll see what happens when I can get back to my computer.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:13:37 PM »
Strange things are happening, I think its because of the sunspots heh.

Let us know what happens.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:05:28 AM »
Check your OddATC setup and make sure it is set to reconnect on network failures or disconnects.  It is offline now because of a couple of audio server process restarts I did this morning as part of routine maintenance.  Virtually all other feeds came back except KLAX.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline athaker

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:32:06 AM »
roger.  I'll check when i return to CA on Wednesday.  For now I'll have a roommate restart the feed.

Offline athaker

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »
Trying a different streaming software now too make sure it wasn't anything else causing KLAX to keep going down.  Let's see how it holds up. 

Turned up the volume a tad...how is it now?

Offline pocho

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 06:48:46 PM »
For some reason CBS news/KNX 1070 radio is transmitting in the background. In addition to that I heard some guy keep saying "go ahead" at about 3:40pm pst...

Offline athaker

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »
yea i heard it.  i posted about it in the listener forum.  I don't know why this started today.  I haven't done anything to the feed wiring itself except for a little rearranging.

**UPDATE**:  And with a little more rearranging of wires, you guys no longer have to listen to KNX 1070 news radio.  Damn you EM waves!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 06:57:24 PM by athaker »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
I was going to say...the bandpass filter probably would not have helped, because AM radio station interference usually comes in via the sound card/audio cables.

The bandpass filter will help for the paging transmitter interference.

Dave

Offline athaker

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »
and for Lezam and whoever else was asking, I'm now using STWin on this feed, and ever since I switched the only times the feed had gone down has been when i've been mucking around with the wires and accidently unplugged something.

I definitely think i just had OddATC issues, and not anything with the PC or the ISP.  Using windows 2000 with the standard updates and it is dedicated to the feed.  No other programs run, whatsoever.  ISP is Time Warner Cable

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 08:18:19 PM »
and for Lezam and whoever else was asking, I'm now using STWin on this feed, and ever since I switched the only times the feed had gone down has been when i've been mucking around with the wires and accidently unplugged something.

I definitely think i just had OddATC issues, and not anything with the PC or the ISP.  Using windows 2000 with the standard updates and it is dedicated to the feed.  No other programs run, whatsoever.  ISP is Time Warner Cable

Same thing with me, not sure why its happening

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
Common denominator seems to be OddATC and Windows 2000.  I've been communicating with the developer...if anyone is willing to beta test with him then I can hook you guys up.