airtraffic

Author Topic: KONT feed split to SoCal & L.A. CTR  (Read 16859 times)

Offline Mike Hale

KONT feed split to SoCal & L.A. CTR
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:09:49 PM »
Dave,

I want to split my liveatc.net feed into a CTR and APP feeds off of two separate computers. I've lost your personal e-mail address.

I need the software and I need to coordinate with you for shutting down the KONT feed and opening up the two new feeds.

Please drop me a line...

Be safe!

Mike

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KONT feed split to SoCal & L.A. CTR
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 09:41:46 PM »
OK, Mike...will do.

Dave

Offline ielchitz

• http://www.simroutes.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »
Great news Mike.

Your SoCal feed is one of my favorites, and I look forward to hearing Center and SoCal on separate feeds.

Thanks,

Ian.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »
There is now a klax_app feed under Class B feeds and a zla_lax feed under Class D/Center feeds.    Mike is going to be working on an attic-mounted antenna in the future to improve reception.

Thanks again Mike!

Anyone in the Los Angeles area out there up for providing LAX Tower?

Dave

Offline tyketto

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 07:02:30 PM »
There is now a klax_app feed under Class B feeds and a zla_lax feed under Class D/Center feeds.    Mike is going to be working on an attic-mounted antenna in the future to improve reception.

Thanks again Mike!

Dave

It's my understanding that one of the guys from POSKY lives near LAX Tower and is putting together the equipment to put up the LAX tower feed. He should be contacting you in the next few weeks. I'll keep tabs o nhim to see where he's at.

BL.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 02:54:22 AM »
Awesome. This site just keeps on improving and growing more and more. Just wanna say thank you for everyone providing feeds, and many thanks to bringing us this great resource! I was super excited to see KSFO go online, mainly because I wanted to listen to my dad fly out of there, but he recently made captain with AAL and will be flying out of KLAX now. So the feeds down in SoCal are greatly appreciated.

Offline PaulRichardson82

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »
I echo the comments expressing appreciation for this development.  How will this affect being able to hear ONT tower?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 09:43:23 PM »
I echo the comments expressing appreciation for this development.  How will this affect being able to hear ONT tower?

As I understand the change, Ontario Tower is history for now.  Perhaps someone else close to Ontario will pick that one up.

Dave

Offline Christobal65

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 01:26:16 AM »

Thanks again Mike!

Dave

It's my understanding that one of the guys from POSKY lives near LAX Tower and is putting together the equipment to put up the LAX tower feed. He should be contacting you in the next few weeks. I'll keep tabs o nhim to see where he's at.

BL.

I am the guy that BL is reffering too here.  It is true that I am hoping to get this set up for KLAX tower, however it is contingent on me having the funds to buy a desktop scanner and to rebuild my dell for use as the box for this set-up.

If anyone has a spair 478 pin mobo lieing around or a desktop scanner they dont use i would be happy to put both to good use. :mrgreen:

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 07:23:04 AM »
I am the guy that BL is reffering too here.  It is true that I am hoping to get this set up for KLAX tower, however it is contingent on me having the funds to buy a desktop scanner and to rebuild my dell for use as the box for this set-up.

If anyone has a spair 478 pin mobo lieing around or a desktop scanner they dont use i would be happy to put both to good use. :mrgreen:

Bearcat BC-350A's are good scanners to get started with.  They can be had on eBay for around $40-$50.

Hopefully somebody here also has a lead on a motherboard for you...there shoudl be tons of those lying around.  I'll see what I have here.

Dave

Offline Christobal65

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 03:28:59 PM »
Thanks for the tip, hopefully i can get those things i need in the next 4 weeks or so.  That would be the absolute soonest i could afford the stuff i would need.

Offline Mike Hale

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »
Hi all!

Basically, my CTR feed just blows.  I'm not getting good reception for unknown reasons (likely my old P.O.S. backup scanner), and my listener base is always at 1.  I'm pretty sure that this is not one really dedicated listener...  I'm going with a server image, a problem with the reverse burst on the Quantar's johnsonator or maybe the ghost of Helen Keller who has taken a decidedly odd interest in online ATC scanning.

That being the case, unless there are any objections, my current train of thought (and it's a pretty short train) is to change my CTR feed back to a SoCal feed covering the Empire sectors and perhaps KONT TWR and GND.

Absent that, I could pipe in sound from the Disney Channel, Teletubbies psychosis induced killing spree of rage, or the flatulent symphony of my large German Shepherd after dark...

Lemme know guys!  I live to serve...

Be safe.

Mike

Offline PaulRichardson82

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 06:07:38 PM »
I would like to hear ONT tower and ground

Offline Alan S.

• Flying/Instructing as much as possible!!!
    • A&N Org Central
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 04:25:28 PM »
I do miss hearing the ONT stuff since I instruct out of the AJO/CNO area.  I was listening to your feed everday at home/work when it had ONT.  Go ahead and bring it back. :-D