airtraffic

Author Topic: CYWG - Winnipeg  (Read 15109 times)

Offline Check Pilot

CYWG - Winnipeg
« on: August 25, 2005, 09:36:09 PM »
Is there any info on when or if the feed from Winnipeg - CYWG might be back up?

Offline bluzhound

CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 04:36:50 PM »
Sorry check, Ive been having some nasty computer problems recently. I think I have most of it sorted out though. As far as the feed goes I think it will stay up for a while yet. Just as long as the server and scanner stay alive.

Im also considering puttting some winnipeg center frequencies on liveatc. Would anyone be interested in listening to them? Id have to look for another used scanner but im sure ill find one somewhere.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 04:51:15 PM »
Quote from: bluzhound
Sorry check, Ive been having some nasty computer problems recently. I think I have most of it sorted out though. As far as the feed goes I think it will stay up for a while yet. Just as long as the server and scanner stay alive.

Im also considering puttting some winnipeg center frequencies on liveatc. Would anyone be interested in listening to them? Id have to look for another used scanner but im sure ill find one somewhere.

Yes, they would be very interesting.  

There is another feeder from Winnipeg in the queue at the moment...would it be OK if I hook the two of you up to work out what to feed?

Dave

Offline bluzhound

Re: CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 04:58:33 PM »
Sure dave, that would be great. I guess there there would not be any sense in broadcasting the same frequencies.

Offline Check Pilot

CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 06:04:19 PM »
Thanks to all of you for the info.

I think around CYWG most of the good traffic is on the three frequencies presently on there but clnc delivery on 121.3 and ground on 121.9 might be good as well.

The centre freqs might be O.K. but there are only a couple that might be received on the ground - 133.1 comes to mind for one and I think 120.1 might be another one.

Cheers,

Check Pilot

Offline Check Pilot

CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 04:18:50 PM »
I've noticed Winnipeg is down again.
Any idea when it might be back up?
Thanks.

Offline jug

CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 11:18:06 AM »
Any idea what the loud hum is in the background of the CYWG feed?

Offline Tom56

CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 03:34:16 PM »
Could be a ground fault.  :(

Offline bluzhound

CYWG - Winnipeg
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 02:29:38 PM »
Problem solved. It turned out to be a bad power supply so I replaced it. I also set the init scripts of the feeds to test whether their programs are still running every 15 minutes. So, if for some reason the program seg faults a new one will be started.
Also, I installed a roof mounted J-pole antenna if anyone noticed a boost in reception. Much better than the bunny ears on the deck.
Now I just have to figure out why the server keeps randomly rebooting itself before I get major data corruption. Im suspecting the PSU.